ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying wheels

Clio 1.6
Guys

Thinking of spraying my wheels gun grey the wheels are a standard 15inch i think from my clio dynamique
the car is black ,,, Do any of you have a guide or step by step how to do this thanks , and It will be lowered as well

Any help would be great as im new here

RB 182
pay the £12 membership and there are many guides on this :) but as long as you follow the basic sand, primer, sand, colour, laquer... as a start with some repeats then you should be fine

its really easy but can take a day for all wheels, sand they down, clean them up, primer and then paint, laquer depending on the finish your after.... thats it. if you have a spare try doing that first.

A guide on refurbing wheels:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?297148-DIY-Wheel-Refurb-Guide-By-Jungle_Jim

A guide on respraying:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?243967-Colour-Coding-Guide-(Preparation-Spraying)

O
bviously if your just respraying you don't need to do the filling part unless you want.
Also regarding times between coats. I did all my wheels in a day, roughly 15 minutes between each coat, then roughly hour/two hours before moving on to the next coat.

Key is in the prep work. You need to sand down your alloys first properly, so the paint will key to them.

I only had the 15" wheels on my non sport. If you lower it you don't notice. Far cheaper tyres too. Resprayed them myself:
th_DSC00937.jpg

Clio 1.6
Well I was thinking of lowering it with 15s am do you have any problems with any rubbing or ,, How much have you lowered it by pal > I have the same wheels as yours and my clio is black im spraying them gun gray , should look nice ,