ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying dash strips

A few
Having ago at spraying my dash strips. Firstly I have sanded them down with 400p dry, then used 120p and then 400p then 600p.

With it being my first go at this I am just looking for some advice really before I go any further. If all goes well with these then I may colour code my car too rather than pay someone.

I have all different wet and dry papers, a friend as gave me some white plastic primer paint and some gloss black (may buy the renault pearl black) and laquer.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Quick question, how do you actually take these off? I have not wanted to put too much pressure or try to pull don't want to damage them but previous owner obviously had a lot of keys with the ignition key and the strip on drivers side is worn like hell, looks really tacky.

Well you started right with 400p, but then you went a bit OTT with 120p, always WET aswell. When we do them here, which is several a month normally, we go 400 - 800 - 1500, plastic primer, 2k primer, 1500, colour, clear coat.

Obviously we do these in 2k so the finish is very high gloss, PM me if you'd like a price for doing these, have a shift at my web site you'll see some ideas for colours etc we did for other members.

Cheers,
Si

2nd Black 1.2
for taking them off just pop a screwdriver behind them and pull, dont be scared thingthing the clips snap, iv took them off a few times and they havnt snapped on me :)