ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sport insurance vs. Current 1.2 policy

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
Getting the mother to quote me as a named driver on a 1*2, will see if I get any better prices...

I would just like to mention that my £3190 worth of insurance is for TpF&T WITH £500 excess and my car down as being worth £700 >.<

^--- Roundhouse c**kslap from AdrianFlux?

£200 for a service? Jesus! Is that normal? (My first year of owning a car newbies questions shall be asked)

Why put the car down as worth £700? If you're going to do that then why not just go ahead and get 3rd party only insurance?

Red 1.2 Dynamique
I'd leave it a couple of years mate. I'm 17 and it costs £1400 a year for my mum to insure my Clio with me as a named driver. When I reach 20 I will hopefully be able to buy a RS Clio and insure it myself for a reasonable amount (my sister is 20 with 3 years NCB and it costs her £430 to insure her 2003 1.2 Clio, so hopefully I'll be able to get mine down)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'd leave it a couple of years mate. I'm 17 and it costs £1400 a year for my mum to insure my Clio with me as a named driver. When I reach 20 I will hopefully be able to buy a RS Clio and insure it myself for a reasonable amount (my sister is 20 with 3 years NCB and it costs her £430 to insure her 2003 1.2 Clio, so hopefully I'll be able to get mine down)

Not to s**t on your rainbow but don't you not get NCB as a named driver?

So when you're 20 you'll be in an unfortunate age group and have no NCB. The only way I managed to insure a 197 I'm certain is because I turned 21

Not to s**t on your rainbow but don't you not get NCB as a named driver?

So when you're 20 you'll be in an unfortunate age group and have no NCB. The only way I managed to insure a 197 I'm certain is because I turned 21

More than likely I changed my D.O.B from November to August and because I was 23 and not 22, the quotes dropped considerably. But obviously for my actual insurance policy I unfortunately had to tell the truth.

mk 2 clio
i was looking for days pn end, it was either that or get a ka. some places i called up and was asking over a grand a month, its ridiculous, i suppose i dont live in the best area, se london, but its still ridiculous

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
May as well.

To be honest the 1*2's aren't really that expensive to run. Tax is twice as much as a 1.2, and the cambelts are expensive. Other than that they're not really expensive at all.
Depends if you're bothered about quality of things like tyres, brakes, oil, general upkeep.

mk 2 clio
Wow! £3200 on a 1.2!? :eek:

I had a 1.2 Clio for my first car in 2006 and paid £1600 fully comp.

I pay £700 on my 182 now with 5 years NCB.

Surely you must be able to get it cheaper than that or has insurance really gone that bad!?

i was looking for days pn end, it was either that or get a ka. some places i called up and was asking over a grand a month, its ridiculous, i suppose i dont live in the best area, se london, but its still ridiculous

was supposed reply but didnt quote reply, my bad

clio mk2 1.2 75hp
I'm payind 80£ p/m for my 2002 1.2 16v clio with Bradford BD post code, o have got 5nbc and no mom or dad as named drivers, good for you guys if you can put them on as named drivers, what if I don't have them?