ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedlines, OZ or Sparco alloys?

Clio 172; Megane 1.6
I'm trying to decide on what alloys to pop onto my 172?

Speedline Turini's (i.e. RS Cup Alloys) http://www.rimstyle.com/data/products/types/speedline_corse_turini_2120_ss/xlarge/1.jpg

Oz - Superturismo Gt http://www.avtosait.ru/gallery/oz/SUPERTURISMO_GT_Race_Silver_-_Black_Lettering.htm

Sparco Pista Matt Silver http://www.alloywheels.com/uploads/images_supersize/2998.jpg

As you can guess, I like quite spokey! I have always liked the Turini's but see so many cups with them on that I would just look the same. Anyone have any of these and can post pics so I can see what they look like on a clio, that would be great!

I like them all. But I prefer the look of the top ones. However a lot of people have these obviously. But if it was my car I would want what I think looks best regardless of how many other people have them or not..

Clio 172; Megane 1.6
Also my 172 isn't a cup, so the Turini's would be a lie!

But seriously, I do really like the Turini's and nearly went ahead and bought them last week, but couldn't get the spokey goodness of the Sparco's out my mind, and then I saw the OZ's . . .

I was hoping some other guys here might have shots of the Sparco's and OZ's on Clios as I haven't seen them anywhere :eek:

172/1.2/E30
Super T's in 16" and a slight drop will look awesome. Someone from NL on here had them on, looked the nuts.

Clio 172; Megane 1.6
OEM wheels are in big need of a refurb, the last owner enjoyed kerbing the hell out of them! But I was planning on one set of alloys for summer (16/17's), one for winter (16's, or maybe 15's) with decent winter / all round tyres.

Turini's is the common consensus, which is good cos I do like them :p just needed enough people to say I was not being too much of a tool by putting them on a non-cup chassis!

mr.pink87 can you remember who and if there are any pics? If it looks epic then it may sway me :S

PB Clio 172
i can say dont go 17s it will look chav imo

according to him :nono:

up to you with the size the way I see it the price for 16 and 17 inch tyres is pretty much the same so why not go bigger. If anyone tells you that 17's handle crap they they are a lier ! You can get the 'spokey' style without becoming a sheep! team dymanics have some great wheels of that style

Clio 172; Megane 1.6
mr.pink87, cheers for the link! They do look nice :p, I think I may prefer them to the turini's!!

plymcl172 good tip on the tyre costs, definately worth considering

checking out the team dynamics, the pro race 1.2 range look pretty nice, only question would be anthracite or silver

mr.pink87, cheers for the link! They do look nice :p, I think I may prefer them to the turini's!!

plymcl172 good tip on the tyre costs, definately worth considering

checking out the team dynamics, the pro race 1.2 range look pretty nice, only question would be anthracite or silver

IMO gloss black or anthracite :)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I would go Oz Superleggera wheels in 16s

oz_superleggera_1000.gif

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Turini, although the sparco ones are a bit of a curve ball, not seen them before and they do look good, could be a nice break from the norm :)

Clio 172; Megane 1.6
Dan, If I went Anthracite I could colour code the side bullets and badges :cool:, I'm not sure about gloss black though, wonder if they would contrast too much for my liking :p

Coops - hah, no one has even mentioned the Sparco's yet! I saw them and knew that if they didn't go on my clio, then I would go and put them on my wife's megane instead! Something about them just screams "OWN ME!!!!" :p

MarcR, they are good, whereas the Super T's are all sleek and smooth, these seem like a good mix of Turini's crossed with the Super T's!

is1

Integra Type R DC2
But these are the "classic" Superturismos - one of the finest wheels of all time.
The new ones (suffixed "GT") are not as nice IMO.