ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sorted the spec but what colour?

Going to order a 200 next week with Richard off here, decided on FF spec, cup chassis, recaros, speedlines, black roof and cup spoiler.

But the colour I'm struggling with. The misses will be driving the car day to day and she wants white. I liked red but now i've seen storm grey, I think I might want that, looks the nuts with the black roof and black speedlines.

Anyone got anymore pics of storm grey and what are your thoughts?

Cheers,

Stan

Stagecoach Ticket
Storm grey would be my choice mate lovely colour will detail really well and will work so well with you spec list.
IMO storm grey will hold its value better as its looking to be the rarest colour choice

White is very common i see white 200's alot and the "in colour" atm is white

J

Used to have a racing blue 182 but not sure if it suits the 200.

Would love liquid yellow but £1200?

White is common and that's what I keep telling the misses, I like cars that are bit different.

Decisions, decisions!

DB.

BMW 440i
Used to have a racing blue 182 but not sure if it suits the 200.

Would love liquid yellow but £1200?

White is common and that's what I keep telling the misses, I like cars that are bit different.

Decisions, decisions!

You get slightly more for on resale anyway! ;) You know you want to!

V6 255
tbh most colours look good on the 200, but if you want the black roof, gotta go grey or white. I went Pearl White to be slightly different, and it will have the rarity factor when I come to sell

I've ordered Storm Grey but wish I ordered Red.

I read that mate, as you can probably tell I read posts instead of writing as I've been on here for about 18 months but only 5 posts!

Isn't red only available on 200FF?

In the one pic that I've seen of a storm grey, black roof and black speedlines, it looked awesome.

Need to see it in the flesh really, pics aren't always a true reflection.

tbh most colours look good on the 200, but if you want the black roof, gotta go grey or white. I went Pearl White to be slightly different, and it will have the rarity factor when I come to sell

What the difference between pearl white and glacier white?

Price difference?

V6 255
What the difference between pearl white and glacier white?

Price difference?

Price difference is £800 rrp, but you'd get a discount if you're good at bargaining.

Pearl White is a metallic, whereas Glacier is a flat colour. Here's a pic of mine that shows the 'pearlyness' (excuse the muck, just did 300 miles to Scotland)

DSC_0418.jpg

GTD, Lupo
PW does look great. I think I would have gone for that if it was available when I purchased mine.

Not 100% sure how a colour can go out of fashion? White will always look good on the 200 and when it comes to resale it will just be easier to sell yours if it isn't a dog and has been well looked after.

White is still the best colour on a lot of second hand cars so I'm sure it will still look exactly the same in 2-3 years.

Saw a Lamborghini Countach in White at Goodwood the other week, best car in the world and amazing in White. Felt sorry for the owner knowing his cars colour will be out of fashion next year :clown:

Paul

PH1 iceburg
I saw one in red yetserday and really liked it.

I think there is a big delay on storm grey, something to do with they are not making any until november.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I've seen red in the flesh and wasn't that impressed. RB with black wheels looks good and I think that pearl White looks very nice too. I'd def pick storm grey over red though.

Mini Cooper S sport
Pearl white or alien green!

Somehow I don't think you're going to get a majority decision from Cliosport haha.

Think I'm swaying towards pearl white with black roof but £1225!

Maybe I'll have to go for glacier white with black roof, get the feeling storm grey will be too dull a colour.

320d
AG is awesome in the metal. That would be my choice. Ultra Red is very nice too.

I'm not a fan of white on the 197/200 its just not my thing.

If I wasn't having recaros then I probably would go for pearl white or liquid yellow but I've always wanted recaros!

AG 200
Burgh! AG is w**k imo, very washed out looking

Not in the correct light its not, can look bland in poor light but looks stunning in sun light.........I may be slightly biased though.

Here's mine taking a break in the sun on a AA tow truck :eek:
Photo074.gif

But then here in overcast Leeds after just having the cup spoiler fitted. Same Car - Same crappy camera - totally different colour.
IMG_1587.gif

Last edited:
  Nissan 350z
Depends on how much money your willing to spend on a colour basically. For me £155 for White was reasonable but i could never justify spending Recaro money on a colour!

I dont see why White would affect resale, i imagine the majority of 200's will be ordered in Racing Blue as thats the free colour i think.

AG 200
Depends on how you break it all down. I spec'd the car up as I had wanted and then looked at the OTRP on the quote , I was happy with it so paid it.

If I subtracted the AG paint from the price I finally paid then I would (in theory) have paid less than £14k for a FF200 , cup chassis , cornering lights and folding mirrors. I personally would go for whatever colour you wanted , if the prices comes in that are out of your budget then try haggle or settle on your 2nd/3rd best (AG is 1st obviously);)

P.S If you dont like attention dont go for AG or LY , everyone stares at it. Some no doubt hate it and some love it , it's certainly not a good colour for people who are nervous about local scummers keying their pride and joy. Green attracts the BUGS of this world.

PH1 V6
Racing Blue looks AMAZING on the 200 mate. There is one right oposite where i work and it looks stunning, looking at it now infact! Its got black speedlines too so looks brilliant.

Its such a good colour and stands out. Red would look good aswell. If i had to choose one now i would have RB or White. Infact if you put white speedlines on the RB 200 it would look quality.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Seen most colours now. Despite being sceptical initially, I'm really glad I ended up with glacier.
Rb really doesn't suit the 200, I'd go as far as saying it's one of the worst colours for it.
I still think the red/black combo works very well.

PH1 V6
Seen most colours now. Despite being sceptical initially, I'm really glad I ended up with glacier.
Rb really doesn't suit the 200, I'd go as far as saying it's one of the worst colours for it.
I still think the red/black combo works very well.

Glacier looks really good i will admit that, but, i disagree with RB being one of the worst colours for it, it looks amazing. But i guess its all down to personal preference, hence why you bough glacier white and not RB :) lol