ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sonny172cup "track car to race car project"

182cup & 172 racecar
Re: sonny172cup "track racer project"

Start calling you sick note.
It was your hand last time.
Good job you don't work for me.

Range Rover in garage... Seems to be fixed, needed a new superchager coolant pump... Warranty not paying out.. Shock! £280 poorer.

Just checking my T pulls and one has become stuck, not seized but twisted, not sure how that happened... New one ordered will fit Sat morning.

Im doing 14 hour night shifts at the moment... So it all seems systems go haha

Hope the weather holds out :)

What a day... I am in my sleeping bag in the Range Rover as I type...

Got to the circuit at 5pm, just in time for a torrential down pure.. Made putting up the gazebo fun.

Fitted the T pull and wires in the transponder this evening so thats good to go, Tony/Helen provided me with brews while I was faffing about, happy days.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Right im going to sleep now, good night

What a day... I am in my sleeping bag in the Range Rover as I type...

Got to the circuit at 5pm, just in time for a torrential down pure.. Made putting up the gazebo fun.

Fitted the T pull and wires in the transponder this evening so thats good to go, Tony/Helen provided me with brews while I was faffing about, happy days.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Right im going to sleep now, good night

Glad it's all sorted mate, all the best for tomorrow!

Thanks guys, did my first quali, came 19th out of 36. James and Tony did well.

James 2nd
Tony 3rd
Dinger 7th
Myself 19th

I have a lot of work to do, but jut happy to be here racing, hopefully, track will dry up a but more as I was sliding all over the place.

The scrutineering bay forgot to sign my pass sticker so had to go back there to sign it when i was on the grid so missed out in quali time, only got in 5 laps :(

First race at 1200hrs

Clio.

I would have asked for extra quali time in with another race series. New car/driver and a circuit muck up. They can only say yes/no....

clio cup

Well done Sonny. It was a little damp out there. Glad you got a place mate

WRX

Well done Sonny, at least you made it through to the end of the day.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Good to meet you yesterday.
Done very well, good of you to get back out after your off in race one!

See you next season.

182cup & 172 racecar

Sonny, have you had a look around your car in daylight yet, and wondered wtf have I done.

Glad you had a great time, and that you don't regret me pushing you into coming along. But you can see where you you are now.

Great first meeting for you. I'm proud. :)

Thanks for the comments guys, good to meet you to msa197 and thanks for lending a hand.

Tony, managed to get the car up on axle stands and spent about an hour jet washing the under carriage, surprised how much gravel and mud fell out lol I will wait for it to dry up before I get under the car...got work in an hour :( Saying that I think I have knocked the selector arm and this is stopping me from getting reveres, I will speak to Matt at CodeRed who does the work on the box for further assistance :)

Tony, you gave me the nudge I needed, fed ppl at Spa telling me not to race as car is not 100% etc etc, I felt feel down that I needed to be there and as you say see where the car is.

I made a lot of mistakes, wrong lines, missed gear changes, wrong tyre choice (lol), however this is all part and part of the parcel of racing I guess.

I watched the Video footage from R1, I was very slow getting of the grid, I was slow through Crane curves (lost 4 places to a MR2 fest). You can see me missing the gear into the Chicane where I lost it....gutted. Im so happy myself and the guys managed to patch the car up and get it back out...

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

You may not have been competitive in your eyes Sonny but you made it to the end of the meet and the car will race again.

Experience with the car will grow alomg with other aspects such as tyre management and other areas that people don't think about until they have to put a car out themselves.

You looked plenty capable to me on the day mate so stick at it and just continue to get the car to the chequered flag... the rest will come. Remeber, Tony is f**king ancient ;-)

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

Just a couple of shots from R1 for you.

Mick

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382365963727.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382365963727.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 68
  clio cup

It looks like your car is one of those out of the animated film "CARS" lol,

You did well yesterday Sonny and would say learnt a hell of alot, Even to finish one of your first races in motorsport is an achievment.

Cheers guys, yea I was mega happy to get back out and complete the last 2 races. How awesome was race 3? That was brilliant.

Only vids I have is of the quali and R1 and about 50 min in the staging area!!! Batts died in the gopro, gutted!

I will upload tomorrow night as im off to work now. But the footage does look good, cant believe how slow i an off the lights. I will write a race report asap.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

Wire yourself in a low voltage battery feed matey... will never happen again ;-)

Clio 172

You did very well yesterday Sonny it was good seeing the car on track. You also did very well for your first time out at Donington especially down Craners when there were cars trying to go three wide lol.

You did very well yesterday Sonny it was good seeing the car on track. You also did very well for your first time out at Donington especially down Craners when there were cars trying to go three wide lol.

Thanks buddy, btw did I meet you yesterday? Met a few ppl but ant remember names, you known how it is when your zoned in to something..

Clio 172

I was wearing a black baseball hat and carrying a red and white umbrella. Didn't get to properly say Hi as I got there just before race one and you were a bit busy after that sorting the car for race two.

Can you still record on the GoPro when its charging? Whats the best way to wire it in?

You certainly can. I dremeled a small rectangle out of the waterproof casing big enough for a usb cable - then cable tied a long usb cable down the roll cage and into a 12v cigarette lighter usb socket thing. The box posted above will do the exact same thing as it's a voltage regulator.

Charges and records then :)