ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some dickhead has stolen my aerial

I have (or had) a completely standard radio aerial on my 182. Noticed poor radio reception over the last couple of days but thought nothing of it. Then I went to get some petrol today and as I was filling up, noticed that my aerial has been removed!

Firstly, why the f**k would someone steal that off my car?

Secondly if I buy another one, what's to say it won't happen again? Are there any that don't just unscrew?

I don't even know how much these things are supposed to cost as it's never been something I've had to think about, but I don't fancy wasting money on one if it can be stolen again.

So annoying but I suppose it could have been worse, someone could nick my wheels or key the car.

Stripped yozza'd cup
There's definitely a security aerial available.... I've seen them, but I can't remember where I'm afraid....

Yeah, I was thinking - A spot of Loctite threadlocker would stop people stealing it easily.

Of course if they REALLY want it they'll get it anyway and probably cause a considerably more damage doing it.

If my aerial was stolen I don't know what I'd do, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

It's not the value of it, it's the principal. People should not steal things.

It's also annoying not having the radio. I'll have to buy one of those ipod leads me thinks.