ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some chav has thieved my car aerial!

Black R26, Iceburg 172
Parked my car in a multi storey care park and went shopping in town for an hour the other day, and came back to find that some w***er has stolen the aerial off my car. Has this happened much to anyone else? Does anyone know where i can buy a new one, I cant find anywhere that sells them.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If it's same as a 172 ariel, just about ever car there is has them.

Milltek'd 182
buy the one on the groupbuy on here....! they look nicer and are only £5 posted to your very door ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
its bad but when sum1 robbed mine, i robed someone elses, they will steal sum1 elses etc etc etc , eventually the person who stole it in the 1st place will have thiers taken... khama

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol, or steal one off someone who deserves it to be stole from ;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^ then thye just get annoyed and rip it out of your roof.

its bad but when sum1 robbed mine, i robed someone elses, they will steal sum1 elses etc etc etc , eventually the person who stole it in the 1st place will have thiers taken... khama

Are you for real?

If your robbed that means its OK to rob someone else? :S

Had my aerial nicked a while ago. Got a replacement from Renault, but it seems to be extra large for some reason! Didn't notice until I saw it alongside another 172

Black R26, Iceburg 172
I have considered nicking someone else's but then i suppose that would make me just as bad as the person who stole mine is. It just pisses me off that someone is pikey enough to steal an aerial off of a car. I hope that whoever took it, stole it to use on their car rather than just taking it through jealousy.

Mountune Tractor

Good idea nicking from other 172 owners isn't it. sort it out you dick!:nono:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
my ariels is same as on both my mums suzuki's. my dads vauxhall, my old vauxhall and plenty of other cars, you must be able to get one from somewhere.

Parked my car in a multi storey care park and went shopping in town for an hour the other day, and came back to find that some w***er has stolen the aerial off my car. Has this happened much to anyone else? Does anyone know where i can buy a new one, I cant find anywhere that sells them.

If you've got the same as a 182 Trophy you can have mine for free.

Just PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

:)

182 w/busted splitter :-(
Some kind soul took mine off the 182 also; still, £8 from Renault hardly broke the bank for a replacement aerial!

And I'd agree with the posts above about 'gluing' it or otherwise - they'll only damage the car trying to get it out.

CB600FS

If your not from Manchester, you should be

when you get your new one ...... put a rag around the base of it and use a pair of plyers to tighten it up more than hand tight .....keep it a bit longer :D

Mini Cooper S sport
Had two stolen when I lived in Southsea. There was a spare in the boot when I bought the car which came in handy - til it got nicked! It's bloody annoying but I was glad they didn't take a shine to anything else on the car.

MK1 Clio 16v
With regards to the comment about tightening with a rag and plyers to more than hand tight, isn't that just as bad as gluing it?

Surely they'll just rip the entire aerial out of the roof...

Seems random they steal these things, as they really aren't expensive.

They're probably robbing it for their chavved up corsa back at home to make it look like a ClioSport or something...

With regards to the comment about tightening with a rag and plyers to more than hand tight, isn't that just as bad as gluing it?

Surely they'll just rip the entire aerial out of the roof...

Seems random they steal these things, as they really aren't expensive.

They're probably robbing it for their chavved up corsa back at home to make it look like a ClioSport or something...

yeah i see where you coming from , but if you make it harder for them ....it may stay with you a little longer :eek:

MK1 Clio 16v
Yeah you'd hope so wouldn't you!

The problem is, if chavs want something, they tend to do whatever it takes to get it :(

When they wanted to get into my valver, they bent my door open, completely ruining it, using screwdrivers wedged in leaving scratches and dents, and they put their feet against the rear quarter panel scratching that up to fook.

:(

Yeah you'd hope so wouldn't you!

The problem is, if chavs want something, they tend to do whatever it takes to get it :(

When they wanted to get into my valver, they bent my door open, completely ruining it, using screwdrivers wedged in leaving scratches and dents, and they put their feet against the rear quarter panel scratching that up to fook.

:(

i remember the thread tbh ....you left it in town ??

ok thieves will take it no matter what ..... so we all live in sh1thole areas where chavs steal everything that isn't screwed down ...wot you gunna do ?

awoke on sunday to find some f@@ker had gone down the street nicking every easy-removable ariel including the wifes. there must have been atleast 20 cars in the steet that had been hit. luckly i have a curtsey car at the moment (due to my run in with a lorry) and it has a fixed areil otherwise they'd have nicked mine too. my guess is kids or drunk'n tw@ts coming home from the pub at the top of the road and decided to make it a game of 'who can get the most areils' before they get home. theres probably bin full of areils at the bottom of the street.

guess ill pick one up for reg vardys or ebay at the weekend.