ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So near yet so far!!!

Clio 182
Went to the dealer yesterday to sign the paperwork and check out my new 200 only to discover it had the wrong rear spoiler fitted, gutted!!!
Got to get them to fit the correct one so another weeks wait*or so.
Nearly there s'pose:(

Clio 182
Gone for,
GW cup
Black speedys
Recarros
Cup spoiler
A/C
B/T radio

Can't wait to blast down the M1 sticking to 3k revs if course!!!!

Ignore the 3k revs. Give the engine 10 mins to warm up and nail it.

Which spoiler did they fit? I thought there was only 1 spoiler option?

Iceberg 172
I would of thanked them for picking the nicer spoiler!!!! LOL.

That's a bloody nice spec you have their, bet you can't wait!!!

RB 182
I think im right in sayin the GT spoiler reqs a different tailgate fitting. So, if they take it off i wonder if it'll look weird/different to normal? Something to check out

RB Clio 200 Cup
Went to the dealer yesterday to sign the paperwork and check out my new 200 only to discover it had the wrong rear spoiler fitted, gutted!!!
Got to get them to fit the correct one so another weeks wait*or so.
Nearly there s'pose:(

This happened with me except the other way round, i specified a GT spoiler, and after 3+ months waiting for the car it had a CUP one, as you can imagine I wasnt very happy.
In the end it was sorted, took an extra week though!

GT spoiler doesnt require a different tail gate, HOWEVER fixings are different to those required for a cup spoiler, so this brand new car is about to have its tail gate replaced....

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Does your dealer know it won't simply be a straight swap from GT spoiler to Cup spoiler? Tell them to remove the Gt spoiler first so they know what to expect.

Was meant to get my 200 tonight...but yup you guessed it. Came with a GT spoiler instead of a Cup spoiler. Not impressed to say the least.

Totally ruined my new car buying experience.

I also told them I won't be accepting a 'resprayed' boot so they gave me the option of taking GT spoiler or sourcing a new 200 for me.

Let the fun begin :dapprove:

They cant simply respray the boot anyway, as I said, its not a straight swap so now boot required!

Renault UK Customer services needs to be involved in all of these imo!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
When I had this problem just over a year ago, my dealer initially sorted and sprayed a cup spoiler and THEN removed the GT spoiler.
So next solution was they would adjust another 200 that was already on order, to include the cup spoiler and simply swap tailgates. It meant there was a wait but they got it sorted and to be fair to them, they did well to keep me happy.

They cant simply respray the boot anyway, as I said, its not a straight swap so now boot required!

Renault UK Customer services needs to be involved in all of these imo!

I've already got a case open with RUK for this.

If you do phone up then ask to speak to Nikki Bennett as she is dealing with mines - 0800 072 3372.

If you want my case number then drop me a pm.

TBF I might be being a bit OTT but its only because my experiences with Renault Birmingham tell me the only way to get a dealer to do something is to involve RUK.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Dealer dependant really, Toomey Basildon wouldn't rest until I was happy and at no time did they expect me to accept a car I didn't order.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
To add, It's not just a case of having to cover up holes when you take the GT spoiler off. It's very similar to what you end up with when you take a spoiler off a 172/182. The final confirmation is the fact there's 2 tailgates:

With spoiler 7751478021
Without spoiler 7751478020

To add, It's not just a case of having to cover up holes when you take the GT spoiler off. It's very similar to what you end up with when you take a spoiler off a 172/182. The final confirmation is the fact there's 2 tailgates:

With spoiler 7751478021
Without spoiler 7751478020

I spoke with Karl @ SMC and he confirmed this today, he also pointed me towards a thread on the renaulsport forum that confirms this. RUK took the thread details down as reference ;) win.

I don't see what's so complex for Renault.

It's not like there is 30 different combinations.

I hate waiting. If I'd had to wait even longer I would definitely be stamping my feet, crying and telling them I hated them.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I've been trying to point out this problem with tailgates to everyone and anyone (on RS aswel) for over a year. But I gave up when someone from Renault UK on RS said I was wrong.

It's not a big problem now but when the 197/200 gets older and people what to change things, they'll find it's not that simple.

Clio 182
I'm starting to wonder if the dealer knows what they are doing. When I first told them it was the wrong spoiler the salesman went off and brought the manager I presume who told me it was bonded on. When I told him it wasn't bonded but bolted on my 182 he opened the boot and hey ho there were fresh screws & bolts holding it on!!!

I'm starting to wonder if the dealer knows what they are doing. When I first told them it was the wrong spoiler the salesman went off and brought the manager I presume who told me it was bonded on. When I told him it wasn't bonded but bolted on my 182 he opened the boot and hey ho there were fresh screws & bolts holding it on!!!

Its 1000000% bolted on and not bonded. The two bolts in the middle mean there is going to be two holes in the middle of the tailgate.

Have you contacted Renault UK?

010251181.png

Well....RUK have looked into it and the dealer have admited its their fault and they put the wrong order through!

:approve:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Dealers actually don't have a clue.

They'll think it's a 2 minute job to change over.

Good luck, I fear you might need it.

Clio 182
Spoke to RUK who admitted it was an "administrative error" on their part and that the dealer was going to send the car to a bodyshop to get the correct spoiler sprayed and fitted and "made right"!!!! I asume that means plugging the old holes with filler a re-spray and would take over a week.
After a lot of considering I've decided to take the car as is with the GT spoiler on.
Must admit the dealer did try to help but they could do with a bit more product training and actually follow up conversations with phone calls!!!
Will post some pics when I pick the beast up :)

Yeah, I don't think my dealer believed me.

'we have the spoiler coming tomorrow so we will have a look and see if it can be fitted and take it from there'

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They are going to weld and fill your brand new car?