ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So here's what £975+VAT of software gets you....

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
  • No physical media
  • A mere slip of paper with a license key on it
  • Outer wrapping of a butty bag

Lenzesoftwarelicense_zpsd136c577.jpg

Oh, and a HUGE 73MB download for the actual program itself once you unwrap the license key itself.

Somebody, somewhere is A) having a right laugh. And B) - making shedloads of money while doing it!
D.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Quite cheap stuff obviously,

When was the last time you saw a Visual Studio disc? £10k software and a digital download.

Civic Type R FN2
The programming of the software would have cost tens of £'000s.
And offering a shiny box and CD will add no value to you as most people's internet nowadays can download 73mb quicker than you can load a CD.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
LOL since when is VS 10k? The whole MSDN package is around 4k and that includes around 30-50 windows licenses for every single version!
We were looking yesterday, i think ultimate is 10k, could be wrong though.(probably am)

EDIT: VS2012 Ultimate + MSDN is $12k on amazon

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
We dont get the MSDN subscription here, apparently its too expensive, so i just get Visual Studio professional and SQL Server

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
What software is it?

Its some PLC logic program software (or something) for our manufacturing plant. Massively boring, but massively important.
At the same time, we bought some Siemens software, another lot from Mitsubishi Electric and also AutoCAD LT 2015. All looked presentable and with a quality finish.

I don't expect cashmere coated DVD cases, nor optical media manufactured from unicorn foreskin - but at least make SOME effort - lol. The cheapest software we bought was around £75 and we got packaging, pens, notepads, covering letter, contact details - the works.

Doesn't take much.... :)

D.