ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So from this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172, Tiguan
If he's any sense he'll have the old car there running ready for Rebecca to drive away.

I can't see it being that easy though.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Would love to be a fly on the wall! Maybe some secret camera action! lol
Good luck Rebecca :)

Barge
Roffle. I won't. I gave them a deadline to find it. They haven't. My shed is parked up the back of the lot. Want.

Lee

BMW M2C
It's amazing how the people involved are always out when this sort of things kicks off. The person I dealt with most when I had issues with the Cup was NEVER at the dealership when I dropped in to see him face to face.

Renault customer service are very good if you get really screwed.

I bought a 306 GTi-6 many moons ago, and something similar happened to me. I had them check the cars history on their system, as they sold it originally, prove to me they had serviced it, and provide me with a new and up to date and stamped service history.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
The blues ones being loaded onto a trailer after breaking down 200 yards up the road - sabotaged by the missing service book!

172, Tiguan
It's hopefully on the road to being sorted now.

The blue one isn't going anywhere in the meantime :)

Barge
Update folks.

Walked in and waited at least 20 minutes for Adam to finally come and sit with me.

Apparently there's no 7 day cooling off period.

Anyway... I have to, apparently, allow them to sort out this situation. Which means give them enough time to find the book on their site. The valeting bay has been torn apart - it's not in there. The girl who part-ex'd it has said the last time it had a service (2009 it would appear) she didn't get the book back. That means it's in a vast expanse of other service books (all being well) in some cupboard or archive somewhere on site. I've given them until tomorrow afternoon to find it that way. If by this point they haven't found it, then they have to contact Head Office to obtain the details of the previous owner on the log book to find out where it was serviced - in which case they can then get them to fax a copy and get the book stamped (in an ideal world).

As per their procedure I have to allow them to do this. They're quite reluctant to go down the Head Office route as they'll get a bollocking for part ex'ing a car which doesn't have a service book. Anyway, like I said, if the book doesn't turn up blah blah blah.

I've advised them not to sell my car. Strongly advised. I said I was sick of the whole thing it'd been a farce from the outset and that I'd much rather have my own car back - to which they said it's not that simple as I am now registered as the owner of the black one. I said, "Yeah, it's about as simple as asking me to commit insurance fraud!" LOL! He looked very sheepish at that and said "Yeah, that was naughty."

Anyway, I said if it doesn't turn up, and they manage to contact the old owner, if he says it hasn't been serviced then I'll be getting my own car back. If they don't manage to contact him then they're planning to contact dealers around his postcode. One step ahead, I wrote down the postcode of his address so I'll search local dealers and ring them myself. That way if it's serviced this whole sorry state of affairs will get sorted quicker.

They're very aware not to sell my car (R27), they're aware I haven't sent off the DVLA slip, I now have the cheque in my hand (I'm not cashing it) and they have timescales to sort this and will contact me daily with an update.

I'm currently writing to Evans Halshaw Head Office, and CCing my contact at RUK.

Barge
I said that to him. I said "You knew that the book wasn't there." His response was he thought it was in the car or in the valeting bay. He said "In fairness I didn't ask Vicky (prev owner) for the book when she traded it in, which was an error on my part."

I don't particularly want to keep driving it really, all I want is my old car back.

Barge
Thanks Steve. The thirdly option is bingo TBH. I've paid top dorrah I expect it to be all present and correct and it's not.

I lawled when he mentioned getting a bollocking, I said I don't give a f**k I'll drop you in the s**t tomorrow, no skin of my nose!

Hopefully this can be easily sorted and I can either enjoy the new car, or get my own back.

EDIT: I think only the original owner can apply for a new one. *I think*. Not 100 percent on that. But it's an Evans Halshaw a pretty large company. They're not going to want to start to get into an arguement about these things. He wouldn't dare sell mine, in case this service history plan goes tits up.

If it was as simple as filling in that form, people would be doing it willy nilly saying they were the owner.

Golf R
Use this form to apply for a vehicle registration certificate (V5C):
• if you have bought the vehicle but have not received the V5C in your
name; or

• because the original has been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.

Hence why I asked... I know I sold a car without the V5 as it was still awaiting re-issue following the removal of a personalised plate and the new owner filled in the above form and got a new logbook... i contacted him to tell him i was sending it off and he said not to worry as he'd already got the new one himself....

Barge
We'll see what happens tomorrow. It could turn up, in which case fine.

But if it's not there, it's not in their interest to sell mine in case they can't find what they need to.

DCi 100
Feel for you Needy :(

Personally I would have told them to forget it. Sell the R27 private and buy a 1*2 off here/PH etc.

Barge
I pretty much told them that. Unfortunately it's not as simple as that as I have to give them time to correct this, when all I really want is my blue shed.

BMW 320d M-Sport
Take it you confirmed all the above in writing with them? About the timescales and plans of action etc? So much easier when you have it all, :approve: for your own peace of mind and to ensure you're bomb proof if it goes wrong and they try to spin it back round on you in any way.

Hope it gets sorted out!

Barge
If he doesn't ring me, I'll ring him. Simple. He said that was fine. The above is their policy at the company apparently. That's the course of action we'll need to take to get anywhere.

I'm hoping it'll all be fine and the history will be found. TBF, I can't see it being that simple though. Especially not with my luck.

I now have a list of all Renault garages around the postcode of the previous registered owner. So from 9am tomorrow I've got nine garages to ring in a 40 mile radius of that address.

DCi 100
People make mistakes, but trying to cover mistakes by more mistakes etc, it all seems abit bodged.

After all the problems with the R27, you would think your fate would turn to a lighter cloud! I'm sure all this will end well as you deserve it.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Needy, Im pretty sure that if the dealer want to apply for a logbook in their name the DVLA will write to you confirming that the dealer now own the vehicle (which they dont in this case), therefor you can tell the DVLA (if they write to you) that they do not own the car and for them not to issue a new logbook.
So im pretty sure they wont try obtain a new logbook.

Excuse me if I have missed it somewhere, but are you saying that if they manage in a matter of days to get the book back, or to get a book with the stamps that were originally completed, that you will be obligated to keep the car?

I thought you had bought the car under the impression it had full history, yet they then realised it doesn't. So if they get the/a book with the true service history, you will have to accept that and be disapointed?

Barge
Needy, Im pretty sure that if the dealer want to apply for a logbook in their name the DVLA will write to you confirming that the dealer now own the vehicle (which they dont in this case), therefor you can tell the DVLA (if they write to you) that they do not own the car and for them not to issue a new logbook.
So im pretty sure they wont try obtain a new logbook.

I'll ring the DVLA tomorrow about it.

Excuse me if I have missed it somewhere, but are you saying that if they manage in a matter of days to get the book back, or to get a book with the stamps that were originally completed, that you will be obligated to keep the car?

I thought you had bought the car under the impression it had full history, yet they then realised it doesn't. So if they get the/a book with the true service history, you will have to accept that and be disapointed?

Yes. If they manage to find the book and it's has FSH at all the appropriate intervals I am obliged to keep the car.

It was sold to me under the provision that it had FSH with that garage. When I thought it was a simple case of the book was missing I wasn't fussed as I know they can just restamp, etc. Because I rang their service department myself and discovered it only has part history with them then it needs a little more digging to discover the previous history under the other owners.

I'm doing part of their job for them tomorrow to get it sorted quicker by checking with all the Renault dealers in the 40 mile radius of the London postcode where it was registered to. Effectively if it wasn't done by a Renault dealer they have no way of proving the history before that and therefore I'll get my car back. (Hopefully)

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Couldn't FSH mean that you've got all the reciepts/stamps of the services the cars had (hence being full) but not necessarily at the right intervals etc. Or does it mean its got to have FSH with the servicing at the correct intervals? If you get what I mean.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Hopefully ringing around the london area might be fruitful as most dealers in and around town are Renault retail group - owned by Renault and have linked computers etc.

Has saved me some time in the past.

Good luck anyways...

Barge
It should have one within 2 years or 12k. The two years will have come sooner on this car than the 12k. If it's got that stamp then I'm happy. If not, then in my mind, it's not FSH. After that from 2008 it's had a service along side its MOT, as far as I'm aware.

Thanks Rich. :)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
If the car is healthy I'd keep it even if all the service history doesn't turn up.

However, I would be asking for a substantial amount of cash back.

I'd say I am willing to pay for a 182 with no s/h vs full dealer s/h and ask for the difference to be remitted to me. I think that's more than fair, that is, if you want to keep it and happy with it other than the s/h. Could end up with a very cheap 182 then.

Status
Not open for further replies.