ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So from this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Barge
Yep. That's all he's got. After that point, it's getting the ball rolling for my car back. The Business Manager who was due to ring me back conveniently wasn't in today. Surprise surprise.

If I get no where I'll go up after work and block the road into their dealership.

People have already said that, Kev. No. It's not happening. It was sold to me under false pretences. But I think you're missing the point. It was, if it had been, serviced by a southern dealer (if a dealer at all) as that's where it's first owner was so they can't fake the book to say it has FSH.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Free belts, service, mot and you'll take the car.

Or take the shed back and get an rb. ;)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
All they do is send the book to that dealer and they stamp it and send it to you. Happend with my 172 cup cos had the service reciept but no stamp. I know there c***s but just try look on the bright side and it can get sorted pretty easily it just takes them abit of time cos there retards.

Barge
All they do is send the book to that dealer and they stamp it and send it to you. Happend with my 172 cup cos had the service reciept but no stamp. I know there c**ts but just try look on the bright side and it can get sorted pretty easily it just takes them abit of time cos there retards.

Thing is they don't know where it was serviced or if it was at all. That's the point. They can't find that out unless they find the book. I don't think there's receipts etc.

Take the black one back.
Get your shed.
Up your budget a bit
Find a RB 182 somewhere.
Swap.

You're never going to be happy otherwise.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah fair enough if there isn't a book at all. There will be they will have lost it. Reciepts arnt so important not many do keep reciepts just keep the ones you get. The car has very low miles so will of only had general maintenance anyway. Let them do all the running around and don't get all stressed about it.

Barge
Yeah fair enough if there isn't a book at all. There will be they will have lost it. Reciepts arnt so important not many do keep reciepts just keep the ones you get. The car has very low miles so will of only had general maintenance anyway. Let them do all the running around and don't get all stressed about it.

If they don't find the book, I'm returning it and getting mine back. Simples really. It was sold to me under false pretenses. He didn't argue with me on that.

They start making things difficult and I start the ball rolling with their nice little insurance fraud comment to me. See how they like them apples.

Anyway, they've got till 12.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah that's fair enough. Say your not happy with the deal as I think ya have 7 days to change ya mind. You get it from the renna near mine?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Ha the manager in there helped me find my 172. He tries his luck abit like. Was talking to him last week. Ya should of asked me for emmas number, coulda got ya money off.

Barge
Aimed more at people who work in the motor trade really for a definitive answer... Just thinking about this a little more on the fraud front. In order to register the car to me, would I have had to sign the V5 log book? (I can't remember :S) As I haven't so with the 182 so will they have forged my signature to do so?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
So lets get this right..

you traded in the 197 against the 182..

They have posted you a cheque for the difference in cost to the wrong address?

You didnt sign the log book for the 182, and you havent sent off the log book for the 197 until you get the cheque?

iconfused

Barge
No they send the traders slip away and do that all for ya then ya get a v5 in the post.

Well I still have the trader slip for the R27 (as I haven't sent it off) and it requires two signatures, new owner and current registered keeper, so they must have forged my signature surely?

So lets get this right..

you traded in the 197 against the 182..

They have posted you a cheque for the difference in cost to the wrong address?

You didnt sign the log book for the 182, and you havent sent off the log book for the 197 until you get the cheque?

iconfused

Yep.

Traded 197 in against 182 + cheque my way.

They firstly registered the car (182) and sent the cheque to the wrong address (apparently).

I didn't sign any log book for the 182, correct. And yes, I haven't transferred ownership for the R27 as I haven't been paid for it (i.e. I've received no cheque) so in DVLA terms, I still own that car.

All stemmed from them lying about the service history.

They have 10 minutes to get back to me on the service book.

Renaultsport 220T
high-noon-remake.jpg

Barge
Surprise suprise - nothing.

They've got till the end of this next application. LOL. Then I'm off out for lunch and to ring them.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
So they never even asked you to sign your v5 for the 197. That normally gets done on the exchange. They obviously don't know how to sell cars at that dealership. Lol

Barge
So they never even asked you to sign your v5 for the 197. That normally gets done on the exchange. They obviously don't know how to sell cars at that dealership. Lol

Oh yeah it's signed. I just haven't sent it off to the DVLA so as far as their records are concerned that vehicle (R27) is still mine. Basically I was going to send it when the cheque arrived and cleared but I don't even have the cheque in my hand.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
And you currently have the 182 in you're possession?

Personally id want the cheque put in my hand as i hand over the keys to my 197?

I think we need to teach you about handovers ;)

Lou

Hope you get this sorted soon!!

There is a nice low mileage RB on Pistonheads at the moment!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think Jon is needing to have a word with them.

Barge
Yes she has the 182.

I also asked for the cheque on the day. To which he said, "They'd sent it out last night." At which point I checked the address he had and it was incorrect. He then s**t himself as he'd registered the car there too.

The insurance had ran out on the R27 at that point. I had no reason not to trust they'd sort it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So where did he get the wrong address from?

I'd have had a field day with this guy.

Is he a manager?

Wow, I haven't read this thread since your OP.

It's all gone on for long enough, I would be driving back down there and coming home in your 197. Then once you've got your car back, report them to RUK and also the guy for suggesting you commit insurance fraud (report to FSA). Don't let that one slip away, even if you do get out of the deal.

I also asked for the cheque on the day. To which he said, "They'd sent it out last night." At which point I checked the address he had and it was incorrect. He then s**t himself as he'd registered the car there too.

The insurance had ran out on the R27 at that point. I had no reason not to trust they'd sort it.

Would this not add another owner onto the car's history?

Barge
So where did he get the wrong address from?

I'd have had a field day with this guy.

Is he a manager?

Nope. This is just a sales guy.

I'd given him my post code and he typed it in incorrectly. Mixed the letters up but didn't bother to check with me that the details were correct.

Wow, I haven't read this thread since your OP.

It's all gone on for long enough, I would be driving back down there and coming home in your 197. Then once you've got your car back, report them to RUK and also the guy for suggesting you commit insurance fraud (report to FSA). Don't let that one slip away, even if you do get out of the deal.

Oh no, I'm saving that gem though for if they're arsey about the R27.

I'll probably go tonight after work TBH. Especially as when I ring them they'll tell me they haven't found it. If they had they'd have contacted me by now.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It would actually be worth getting a lawyers letter drafted up should they drag their heels any more than now!

So have you ever seen this service book or have they just told you they "have" had it all along?

What if they do find it and just stamp it anyway...?

Barge
Would this not add another owner onto the car's history?

It won't have added one onto my R27's. They've registered the 182 to me of their own accord. It's their problem. TBH, they could probably write to the DVLA to sort all that guff out for the 182. That isn't my problem.

EDIT: Danny, knows. If they don't play ball that is what'll happen. I've got them by the short and curlies with the insurance fraud snippet.

Just been told it was on site. Adam said he assumed it was in the car from the second trip to the valeting bay when we swapped. Obviously not. I'd been advised of it's history from their computer records. Which suggests their idea of FSH isn't mine, or the service manuals. Which they can't seem to find. The girl has sworn blind to them she gave them it.

Last edited:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Hmm, doubtful though, if they had found it and stamped it up they would have belled you by now i'd have thought...

I think you will swing this one tbf

What I was getting at, is them asking you to commit insurance fraud is bang out of order. Even if all this goes your way and your happy with the end result, you should still report them to the FSA for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.