ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SNAPED BOLT ON REAR SHOCK IN AXLE

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
how much of the bolt is sticking out ? can you not get grips on it or weld to it ?

if not

drill 3 little holes in it, then hammer a chisel in and then see if it will turn with a flat screwdriver

if that wont work, drill it out

Arctic Blue FF 182
If you can get to any of the bolt thread. Might be able to weld a nut onto it. Should be able to undo it then?

And if it was that tight to do up, then I would check the thread in the axle is ok. Try and clean the thread and lubricate.

clio 172
wont be able to weld to it its bit deep inside deffo drill and it was rusty but i just kept doin it up like a plumb

Arctic Blue FF 182
Bummer. Would suggest drill and stud extractor, but if its that tight then I would imagine the stud extractor will snap.

rstuned 182ff bg
try a 8m cobalt drill bit, or a left handed cobalt drill bit about a size 8m ish

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/left-hand...918?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3370627d66

it might help pull it out , if not drill and tap it the broken stud , put a treaded bar into it, put 2 nuts on tighten them up against each other pretty dam tight, then try and undo the nut with a ratchet again, good luck,

tbh i love anything like this , i see it as a challenge, good luck anyway pal,

rstuned 182ff bg
soak it for hours in plus gas, wd40 , be careful you dont knacker your treads up on your rear beam, you will have to drill it real careful,

clio 5door sport rep
This happened to me a while ago... I shat a Brick. I ended up driving it round to a garage and they used a blowtorch to get it out. Tool about 20mins abd the guy only took a 20 quid note for doin it

clio mk2 1.4 16v
I've done this, luckily got grips on it. Either way its a b**ch!

Did the same when replacing my rear dampers, proper s*** myself when it first happened but managed to get grips on it. Hope you get it sorted poriordan anyway.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
how much force are you putting into these things?!

theyre a pretty hefty bolt to begin with, im not sure how so many people are managing to sheer them!!

id want to do some investigating as to why it snapped in the first place.

Ph1 172
^ Agreed. Coming out, I can understand sheering, but tightening, you should know when the force being applied is too much for the situation

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
well i guess youre paying the price for it!!

always clean the threads with rust bolts, and if its not bolting against anything, a breaker bar should not be needed!!

make sure you check the thread in the rear beam isnt damaged!! i for one would consider a new rear beam tbh, quite a lot of force goes on that bolt!!

clio 172
nahhh worst way ill nut and bolt it there wont be damage to the axle its self still in there ahahah gotta get it sorted so i can driiiiiive

clio 172
so everyone knows i gt this drilled by a garage and nut and bolted it, its now mint ohhh it took hrs ahaahaha bolts tuffened or some sh*t but is doable