ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smoked by a 106 GTi...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
If what you say is true jesus then i feel sorry for you going through life trusting nothing.
In which case sell the willy story to someone else because according to your words a valver is as fast as a 172.right both races ive had against willy's ive won.On a d/c (not round one of your imaginary tracks)from 20-110mph.

So what you are saying is the willy was brought out and it was slower in the real world than the valver.
Happy new year......lol

ian

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
modifiedmadness said:
Yeah, its musn't be running right... CANT BE! Thats why i was surprised, i know they are quick... but i should have killed him! :(

Beaten by a 2up 106gti on 17s!:eek:

Something is deffo not right here:S ...whack a willy/megane btm end on there and blow him into the weeds!;)

tiTTy & SV650
gti will easily do 0-60 in the 7's the 1.6 205gti is 8.7 secs 0-60 and 106gti's piss all over them from a standing start.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
This is funny.im sure there both very close but theres always a quiick and slow one of each car considering how old they are.

ian

Skoda Fabia vRS
i had power problems with mine mate, disconnect your battery for a couple of hours and then take it out again, im not exaggerating, mine IS faster just after the battery has been off for a bit, someone else has experienced this aswell, and proven it with 1/4 mile times before and after, pretty sure it was Martin

lagerlout1 said:
My 172 eats valvers/gtis/williams for breakfast.:clown: ;)

Happy New Year Jesus. Start as we mean to go on!!:approve: :D

breakfast is for pussies, my Williams only needs one meal a day... unfortunately 172's are not even a light snack inbetween meals tho ;) hehe

and happy new year mate :D

ian 182 said:
If what you say is true jesus then i feel sorry for you going through life trusting nothing.
In which case sell the willy story to someone else because according to your words a valver is as fast as a 172.right both races ive had against willy's ive won.On a d/c (not round one of your imaginary tracks)from 20-110mph.

So what you are saying is the willy was brought out and it was slower in the real world than the valver.
Happy new year......lol

ian

who said i don't trust anything? your making assumptions my dear boy ;)
did I say all valvers? nope, just this particular one from my experience and what I saw (which was my rear view as they both were playing catchup).

maybe you have beaten two Williams on a DC blast... and what? like I said, these are old cars usually not running as they should... surely this post would give you a hint at that!? lol. anyway, you haven't raced my Williams round track or otherwise, so it doesn't really matter. you can however download vids of the mighty Williams on track, with novice 1st time track dayer and mediocre driver (myself, 2 live can actually drive as we all know!) and watch all the 172/182's go flying past me... oh hang on, that didn't happen ;) (based on my ability round track I'd say that's the car).

Dunno where you get the Willy being slower than the valver, think your being silly now... "yeah, we decided to put the 2.0 engine in to give the car an extra 200cc and slow the thing down... people were complaining it was too fast for a 1.8, so the simple solution was to make a slower 2.0 and put some extra s**t on and in the car..." - quote taken from one of the mags next to Ian's shitter.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
now now chidlits play nice! or uncle seb will slap your bottoms! ;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Oh jesus you have too many issues.All i did was quote your comments.If its too much i am sorry.

ian

so because i disagree and you put words in my mouth I'm the one that has issues eh? pmsl

a 106gti with a passenger, full interior and 17's is clearly going to be faster than a valver that's stripped and NOT running 17's or additional passenger... because that makes loads of sense... it must suck being so wrong Ian ;)

306 TD Slut
i have a cup and only just sold my 106 gti. i had 4-2-1 mani, full pugsport sports cat system, enclosed induction kit and stripped out, 2nd 3rd gear was f**king quick, it pulled so much. infact every gear was f**king sweet! even fith, id say 5th was better in that than it is in my cup. bloody rapid. but what i never managed to do is to keep up with a cup, the cup could always just pull that much more and ease away. mainly down to the 2.0 lump and the torque. infact i really miss 2nd gear in my 106... altho the cup seems alot quicker once it gets going. contemplating stripping it out too have a vbiper on the way and possibly a k-tec stealth system sports cat later.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
You must be right jesus mate because 16v's as standard are quicker than 172's according to you. pmsfl

ian

MKIII 138
lets not get silly. the pug was a good car in its day but things move on and not just in performance terms.

oh dear oh dear Ian, this is all getting to you now isn't it? is that why you insist on mis-quoting me? ... step away from the keyboard...!

did I say 'all' valvers are faster than 172's? Again the answer is no, I merely used this as an example to highlight a good and bad valver... strangely enough your the only person missing this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I have a 172 and get beaten by really lame cars sometimes. But at other times my car really flies. Sorry to say this M8 but maybe he's a better driver. Perhaps what you and me both need is to learn to drive our cars on a track i.e. learn properly. Another bonus if we do will be that we won't have to drive fast on the road. I bet few know how to drive properly on here!
Rob669

tiTTy & SV650
Well a certain banned members Williams kept up with me no problem so there's nothing in it between a de-cat williams and standard 182 imo.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
TheJesus said:
oh dear oh dear Ian, this is all getting to you now isn't it? is that why you insist on mis-quoting me? ... step away from the keyboard...!

did I say 'all' valvers are faster than 172's? Again the answer is no, I merely used this as an example to highlight a good and bad valver... strangely enough your the only person missing this point and lowering the average IQ of the thread... well done, you are ttruely 'special' ;)

Its not getting to me one bit mate.ive beaten willy's in my 172 never mind my 182 so no.Im not mis-quoting you either,you seam to have a senario for every car so how could i..lol

Find me a standard valver or williams and ill race it anytime and im crap at driving.I guarentee either will get away

ian

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Hey Guys
I had a brief race with a VTS this fall!!! I am driving a 1991 Clio 16V with 55.000 kms on the clock, and i didn't really have any trouble with the Citroën!!! But i belive that some of the VTS's are only 8V's, my mate had one, it was a 8V, but with VTS interior and badges!!!
Also i read on some webpage that Autocar had tested the Valver 0-60 in 7,3 when it was new (1991), any info on that??

cock mobile.
A lot of Saxo drivers tend to badge up their VTRs or Furios into VTS's.

Very sad imo.

Welcome also dalla.

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
sh33n said:
A lot of Saxo drivers tend to badge up their VTRs or Furios into VTS's.

Very sad imo.

Welcome also dalla.

Thanks!!!

I dunno, maybe it is just in Denmark (where iam from) but i belive that there are several 8V VTS's, i think that maybe Citroën Denmark did this to sell a Cheaper GTi class car (because of our high taxes), but iam not sure!!

thats because only england has 16v only vts's

rest of europe has 1.4, 1.6 8v vts's as well as 16v ones

in europe its just the kit on the basically, not the engine

Sunflower Yellow Ph1 172
modifiedmadness are you overweight? if so could ruin the power to weight theory :D
only joking mate, it may be that your engine isnt producing the power it should do as happens to many cars once they get so many miles on the clock, also depends what revs you both started at, traction, what gear your in etc etc. take it to the pod and settle it once and for all ;)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Ahhh it's like the old days again..what was that old site called we used to 'debate' on Hothatch.net??.... Jesus/Ian?

Neil G said:
My old 19 16v had a real lack of torque....not sure wether it's characterisic of the engine of wether it was the K&N ind kit though.

Yea they do have a lack of torque, but some engines are quick, others are dog slow, my second engine in mine wouldnt pull past 115, yet the 1st engine limitered in 5th at 147mph.

i've also had a hilarious PM from Sh33n... I'm not sure if that was intentional, but it was hilarious, your a comedy genius mate! :D

306 TD Slut
i think your mate got ripped off Dalla.. shouldnt have a vts badge on it...no way. 8v engines are only VTR's and would be no match for the 16v.

previous owner maybe modded it..put the badges and interior on.

MINI JCW
All these cars are pretty closely matched 0-60, but its 0-100 that seperate the men from the boys.

Thats where the average 172/182 has the advantage over the average GTI, Valver, Williams

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
gazcaddy said:
All these cars are pretty closely matched 0-60, but its 0-100 that seperate the men from the boys.

Thats where the average 172/182 has the advantage over the average GTI, Valver, Williams

Maybe the gti & valver fella but the willy won't fade from 60-100!

MK1 Clio (soon to be V6)
Ash - Clio GTT said:
modifiedmadness are you overweight? if so could ruin the power to weight theory :D
only joking mate, it may be that your engine isnt producing the power it should do as happens to many cars once they get so many miles on the clock, also depends what revs you both started at, traction, what gear your in etc etc. take it to the pod and settle it once and for all ;)

Nah... not over weight... thank f*k! Only 10.5 stone!!! And beaten by my mate, he aint fat... but he's a big f*cker! Still cant beleive i got beat... a phone call to K-TEC this week me thinks ;)

the missus has just bought a 106 GTI and it pulls its tits off in 3rd gear, reaches 90MPH in 3rd standard, thats pretty good if im honest, i love the cars, with a few breathing mods they can be pretty quick, i cant leave her 106 in my cammed up valver!!!

Phot-0258.gif

just take it for a service, make sure they do the lot, plugs, leads, rotar arm etc etc etc then take it for an RR to check the power first before spending money on mods... then 2.0 it regardless :D

MINI JCW
Martin. said:
Maybe the gti & valver fella but the willy won't fade from 60-100!

the 182 is quite alot faster than the williams to 100, nearly by 4 secs according to autocar road tests

Status
Not open for further replies.