ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

smell of petrol when the car is cold

BG 182
Above, when I start the car on a morning you can smell petrol. For the first minute or 2 oid driving I get 'pops and bangs' even though I'm obviously driving slowly since the engine is cold. After the engine is warm the smell goes away as do the bangs. Its been like this for past couple of days and now the emissions light has come on. Anyone shed any light??

BG 182
Is your car decatted? Did the MPGs raise since?

The place I took it for an mot says there is no cat but looks like there is one to me. I'm no expert mind! Mpg wise I get up to 40ish on mways/a roads, round town about 23 lol that's with only liberal amounts of throttle...well most of the time!!
Im guessing its not a massive problem though, a couple of people have told me its normal for them to chuck loads of petrol when they are idling at cold. Only recently noticed because I had it warming up while I was finishing my coffee lol

Clio 182 BG
the smell of fuel is normal, if your car ist decatted.

emissions light too, sometimes its on and sometimes not.