ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OK i want this sorted FFS !

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
nope... that stops the engine rocking, although it will help stop the exhuast hitting the steering rack.... this is not a problem unless your really going for it...

RenaultSport clio 182
Phew Glad I’m not going to be buying that car off you! Sounds to me that you are trying to brake the poor thing. The 172 will bang if you give it to many beans in first, the trick is to allow the power to be put on the road ( requires driver skill) , if you brake traction your 0.60 time is never going to be 6.5s

Besides the 0. 60 times are calculated in perfect conditions on perfect surfaces with optimal weather conditions and by very skilled drivers that understand the car. It sounds like the way you drive your car it wont be able to do 0 . 60 for to much longer. And that will be a good thing as you will need to get another car and hopefully it wont be a Clio and we wont have to endure you nonsense.

If its not sounding happy its because it isn’t , treat it with a bit of respect.

tiTTy & SV650
most front wheel drive cars do it when you floor it too hard, even my mums old 1.3 fiesta did it, 205 did it too.

I tend to agree its more to do with the control or there's a fault with your car. I havent got a problem with it in my 182

MKIII 138
BRUN said:
have you fixed it yet mate ?

who me ? ive relpaced the engine mounts and it doesnt seem to do it as much, having said that ive been taking it proper slow over winter period in the Cup

Get some ledas.

Wheelspin in my car know feels very smooth and controlable even with the extra power and no traction control.

Better damping will reduce wheel tramp.

Last edited:
  Audi A6 (S3 on order)
I'll say it again. RACELOGIC.

Combined with ledas, I get none of this at all. I am putting down more power too.

If you dont want to fork out the ££, less presure on the loud pedal.

I have to agree with meggerman, the banging is unacceptable and it doesnt happen in all other hot hatches/fast cars! The banging happens in 1st and 2nd in my 172mk2 I thought Renault had fixed the problem on mine... a few months later i was involved in a pile up on the motorway which required my car to be fixed front/back and now the exact same banging is back :(

Clio 172 mk2
Definately sounds like a car fault to me....I've come from 260bhp and 4wd to my172 and it is hard to get the power down to just two wheels but haven't experienced any knocking as of yet.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Axel tramp happens on tons of cars. Not sure the problem you are having is the same ?

Gaz Sport said:
I have to agree with meggerman, the banging is unacceptable and it doesnt happen in all other hot hatches/fast cars! The banging happens in 1st and 2nd in my 172mk2 I thought Renault had fixed the problem on mine... a few months later i was involved in a pile up on the motorway which required my car to be fixed front/back and now the exact same banging is back :(

meggerman said:
im sure it is, the thing is it seems worse on the 172

:banghead:

Is the 172 the most powerful front driver you have driven?

The more power you try to put down the more tramp you will get. I am not sure why people think there is a design fault with the clio that causes tramp it happens in all cars.

Google it do some reading you will find it is a common thing.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
theres a guide to sorting this out at the top of the page,which involves adjusting the top engine mount & the bottom dog bone mount,i get the banging on hard excelleration even if its not lighting the wheels up,i've brought the uprated mount from k-tec so i'll let everyone know how i get on when i've fitted that

BMW M3
I get this alot but usually by mistake in the wet. Went to a private road near where i lived and purposely tried to wheel spin to see what the prob is. It was just about to start and then i eased off the power. Then i turned the TC off and it was smooth as silk. Bit odd as you are all talking about engine mounts, or am i missing something?

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs
Meggerman

I know exactly what you mean. I have a 182, and mine does the same thing. It's got nothing to do with us being 'Crappy drivers' or not being able to handle our cars. IMO its basically just CRAP DESIGN on Renaults behalf.

Today i was stopped waiting to turn right into a side street. I let the clutch fully out and slowly turned right in 1st gear, then straigthened up the wheel and floored the accelerator. The clutch was fully out my wheels were straight and the Car Banged like a b**ch. There just crappy french cars at the end of the day, not enough money has been spent on the design of the traction control system.

Basically i really dont know what the fix is. My car has done it from brand new. Though i think it has got slightly worse since putting new Goodyear F1's on.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Fred2001Dynamic said:
axle tramp as above

decent tyres and decent syspension seem to improve things

Yozzasport are having new engine mounts made, but these will be basically grpA spec, so pretty much solid mounts, not really ideal for a road car (final spec is still being decided) but again they'll under go testing and i'll report back

Yozza are these done yet ? I am quite happy to be the test car....

For me the solution would be:-

1. Yozza (under battery) engine mount
2. K-tec dogbone mount
3. Wedge something in or bend the holder in the other engine mount so the rubber is clamped both sides.

Think this is as good we will get it..

Last edited by a moderator: