ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slotting Hubs

Twingo 133,172 Racer
Okay i need some more camber on the front of the clio (172) so the only option is slotting the hub, anyone know roughly how much you slot it by? cant really seem to find much info?

Cheers Luke

Twingo 133,172 Racer
Ive heard with camber bolts alone there is not really enough adjustment? the car is purely a track car also. But i may be wrong.

Twingo 133,172 Racer
Bilstein with pure motorsport top mounts. as far as i know there is no adjustability with them?

Eibach camber bolts should still give a fair whack of camber adjustment, My AST's are slightly slotted (from factory) and with camber bolts can get well over 6 degree's.

As JackJack says I would be slotting the damper casing rather than the hub if you do have to slot them!

182cup & 172 racecar
Eibach camber bolts should still give a fair whack of camber adjustment, My AST's are slightly slotted (from factory) and with camber bolts can get well over 6 degree's.

As JackJack says I would be slotting the damper casing rather than the hub if you do have to slot them!

James,camber bolts and slotted struts is not a good mixture, they move. Camber bolt is designed to go into 2 small holes. Plus the bolt heads are not big enough.

Just do what I did, filed some more out of the top slotted hole.

James,camber bolts and slotted struts is not a good mixture, they move. Camber bolt is designed to go into 2 small holes. Plus the bolt heads are not big enough.

Just do what I did, filed some more out of the top slotted hole.

Thanks Tony, I will have a look at it when going back together and try and sort it as you say then :)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
That idea went through my but I dismissed it as stupid, tempted to do it now actually.

Clio.
Chip, you using the bolts with a cammed offset, and some of the material removed to get the adjustment? If so... Do you really want to go hooning into a corner with less bolt material holding it all together....? you could always file away the top mounting bolt hole in the shock as mentioned above, say about 5mm....then weld hefty washers to the new filed part, and use just one set of camber bolts on the top.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip, you using the bolts with a cammed offset, and some of the material removed to get the adjustment? If so... Do you really want to go hooning into a corner with less bolt material holding it all together....? you could always file away the top mounting bolt hole in the shock as mentioned above, say about 5mm....then weld hefty washers to the new filed part, and use just one set of camber bolts on the top.

TBH mate I wouldnt do it personally. If I wanted more camber I would just move the bolt holes on the arm out a bit and gain a little trackwidth in the process, but people on this site are often scared of a welder, lol, I believe the eibach bolts despite being smaller than the original ones though are still strong enough to use to and it still be safe on a trackday car though or I wouldnt have even mentioned it as possible, they are still a pretty hefty bolt to provide adequete clamping force.

Twingo 133,172 Racer
might file out the top mounting hole and see how much adjustment i get, can i use the standard bolts or use the camber bolts as well as slotting the top hole.