ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight crunch shifting to 3rd at high revs

monaco 172
Just noticed that when I shift into 3rd when above about 6k I get a slight crunch at the gear stick, almost as if the clutch isn't down enough but it is.

Oil recently changed

Lionel Richie
if the box is proper fooked then it can be upto £1K for a rebuild with a clutch, drive in, drive out, but that's rare (i'm talking knackerd bearings, hubs the lot)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I've had no problems with my box.. now done just under 130K!

IMO the engine and box are pretty tough.

agreed, i genuinely dont dislike the box at all in any way, mine have both felt nice to use, slide in and out of gears no problem and so far ive yet to come across any of these "reliability issues" i guarantee all the issues are caused by wheelspinning and allowing the wheels to tramp under hard acceleration.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Fred, how hard are these to DIY rebuild? I've rebuilt a Peugeot BE3 box and that was straight forward enough, are these similar? Presumably this would be caused by a worn synchro, in which case, it shouldn't cost that much to fix for the DIY'er?

Rusty Cup
burp says the guys they use will rebuild a gearbox in a day for £300, thats based on you handing them a gearbox tho iirc. mine crunches in second and third!!! for me changing gear in a clio wouldnt be the same without lots of crunching noises (the crunching sound means its working)