ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky HD Box - Now Only £49

Clio 182 FF
just called them again, 50/50 split on new and exsisiting customers being able to have early installation, the rest have to wait.
Rubbish.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
^^ Replacement box, i dont need multi room. I live in a one bed apartment, the aeriel in the bedroom is looped from the living room so i feed sky through that

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
^^ Replacement box, i dont need multi room. I live in a one bed apartment, the aeriel in the bedroom is looped from the living room so i feed sky through that

so how have you blagged free installation?

I don't want multiroom, I just want to updgrade my Sky+ box as cheaply as possible... ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
be nice if you did get it free

I assume you rang up and spoke to someone at Sky, rather than ordering online?

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
They getr more than enough of my money so im not paying to watch an upscaled version of some channels. When they claimed HD channels are showing true HD rather than an upscaled picture I may be interested

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
As said above, regardless of what it actually is that they show you on the HD channel...it is infinitely superior to the SD channels.

So, £10 per month for 30 channels...that's good value to me.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Funny thing is, it really isnt superior. For a tenner a month id want true HD

According to you...

According to me, and many others who own and watch a Sky HD box...the HD channels are massively superior compared to the SD ones.

So what if it's not 'true HD', that's not what I paid for.

I wanted a superior picture quality for £10 and that's what I got, so I and many others like me...are happy.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Glad you and others enjoy it. Im sure Rupert likes the monry you throw his way each month. I have seen many Sky HD boxes on great Tv's and havent been overly impressed apart from the Sports. Rest are a waste of time and money according to me, and others who have cancelled it

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
lol it is "true hd" you realise that anything recorded and broadcast is initially much much much higher resolution than what its broadcast at

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
lol it is "true hd" you realise that anything recorded and broadcast is initially much much much higher resolution than what its broadcast at

Only if it's recorded on proper film or on HD digital cameras...otherwise it isn't....

I love sky HD :D

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
figured out why i had no installation charge, john in india f**ked up and registered me as a new customer!

Had to cancel the original upgrade and re do it, now the £30 install charge has appeared :rolleyes:

Doh :dead:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
thing is, i only watch friends/scrubs/sky sports news , so i cant justify HD atm. BUt it does look ace

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Well worth it IMO

I watch Nat Geo HD, Disco HD, History HD & Sky 1 HD shitloads, so suits me down to the ground

+ Rush HD & MTV HD are pretty damned good.

:D

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I cant wait until friday :),

the only downside i have is that i dont have two input feeds so i can only watch what im recording

Living in a posh mill conversion FTW

Sharing a sky dish with 47 other apartments FTL

Clio 182 FF
Well me being put on the two month waiting list lasted only 1 week, text confirmation today saying i can order and choose installation.
Booked in for the 14th, happy days:)

Clio 182 FF
Ok, just had this installed, it really does look good.
Quick question to anyone with it and a 40inch telly. Im watching the footie and the score and time is really low and central on my screen.(see picture)
My tv is set to 16:9 as is my sky hd box, what am i doing wrong as it looks naff, im 99.9% certain it wasnt like that with my sky + box.

Or am i being too fussy.

DSCN1907.gif

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Ok, just had this installed, it really does look good.
Quick question to anyone with it and a 40inch telly. Im watching the footie and the score and time is really low and central on my screen.(see picture)
My tv is set to 16:9 as is my sky hd box, what am i doing wrong as it looks naff, im 99.9% certain it wasnt like that with my sky + box.

Or am i being too fussy.

Thats how it is broadcast for customers who may have a standard 4:3 TV still.

A lot of stations do this....

Last edited: