ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Site cached - please help!

Da

Less
A site that I frequent went down last week whilst they carried out some forum maintenance, it was back online within a few hours and all was well.

BUT, since then I have been unable to access the site when I'm round at my mum's using either her PC or her laptop. When I'm at home on my machines everything is fine.

I have tried the usual- F5 reset, I have deleted the cache and all temporary files/cookie's etc and I have done an ipconfig /flushdns command. But alas, to no avail, I still cannot get onto the site - I am still greeted with the announcement informing me the boards are down :dapprove:

Please help as I'm stuck! :(

Last edited:
Urrrmm.. Does your Mum live in China/Korea where some sites are censored? Lol.

No anti-virus thats blocking whatever it is? It must be something dodgy or you'd have posted the link in the original post!

Are any other users of the forum having problems since the update?

Da

Less
LOL, no I am at my Mum's as we speak and I can confirm she doesn't live in Korea or indeed China. ;)

It's nothing dodgy, clio197.net is the site and this is what I get when I try to visit the boards whilst I'm down here -

th_Clio197down.jpg

(taken minutes ago)

No other sites have any issues as far as I'm aware.

Da

Less
Yep I have mate, it logs me in fine and tells me I have PM's etc, but the announcement remains and I can go no further.

Bus w**ker
Probably your Mum's provider has an outdated DNS cache and the sites moved servers or changed IPs. Try using http://www.opendns.com/ to view the site and see if you can access it then. If so then you can either sit and wait for their DNS to recache or just change the default DNS for your Mum's router to always go via OpenDNS for all your internet providings.

Da

Less
tried ctrl + f5?

I have tried everything + F5 to no avail :(

Probably your Mum's provider has an outdated DNS cache and the sites moved servers or changed IPs. Try using http://www.opendns.com/ to view the site and see if you can access it then. If so then you can either sit and wait for their DNS to recache or just change the default DNS for your Mum's router to always go via OpenDNS for all your internet providings.

Thanks Symon, I will give that a go now.