ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sisters new car - cool content

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up today. Pretty cool I think !

Attachments

• 20150523_193241-1.jpg
    20150523_193241-1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 435

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
1965 4.7 289 motor which has been bored out. 400 bhp or so. Lots of shiny bits under the bonnet.

I'll get some pics over the weekend.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely. Not wishing to be a party pooper but it's highly unlikely to be putting out 400bhp.

Epic car though.

Purely what the previous owner said. Has had a lot of work though with all receipts. Has different internals and carbs, exhaust etc to name a few.

Not fast though by today's standards but it's not about that I suppose.

Last edited:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Purely what the previous owner said. Has had a lot of work though with all receipts. Has different internals and carbs, exhaust etc to name a few.

Not fast though by today's standards but it's not about that I suppose.

Don't get me wrong bud, it looks great and sounds in top shape mechanically.

The 289 needs about £30k put into it to get it up to 400bhp. The standard ones were 190ish bhp when they left the factory. The high power ones (big money for an original hiPo block) were 270ish. There is a 400bhp FIA mustang notchback up for sale, but it's £60k, so unless your sister paid that much then the old owner is being generous with the truth.

This 289 has been in my garage for the last 7 months, having a complete rebuild, pistons, solid lifters, cams, ported and polished head, updated fuelling etc etc. it already has flow master exhaust on it and won't be making anywhere near 400bhp.

dd1c0bd18b888f5e526dadd3a3fc2bbb.jpg

5ba9e9a9add7d5c5d18a46bb228f0a37.jpg

2fec00edbdc56d5db6240a281166e345.jpg

b40f4b503f8bd4f57e351ee204b1b889.jpg

Ignoring the power claims, it looks brilliant and I hope she enjoys it. As you said, these aren't all about modern day "speed", although in a straight line they are quite punchy still. It's the noise, occasion and "cool" factor that make these epic. I'd love one, irrelevant of the power output.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Very cool mate!

I don't know a huge amount about these engines so I bow down to your superior knowledge!

Last edited:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Nice colour :)

Mate of mine has 2. Fastback and notchback.

One in bad condition, one is barely a car lol