ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sir_Dave's Trophy. 1 x Miley Shed.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Re: 'Sir_Dave's Caged, Cleaned & Toyed-with Shed Trophy Paedo Wagon

Dave: Well I don't want to be using the M3 everyday really, especially through the winter.. hmm

Dave's Missus: Dave why don't you just use the Trophy, put it back to standard?

Dave: Quiet hunny, men are talking here

Or something like that lol

Ha ha, as Ollie mentions, there's a strong possibility that a similar conversation was had at the weekend ... :eek:

Not that ill let her take the credit for it of course ;)

Clio 172

Shortly after i stole your seats and steering wheel. Thanks then :)

Looked tidy on the new wheels saturday, then are really really mint tbh.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

Having fitted some s3xy sheep wheels recently, i decided that the CL pads would have to come off, asap, to ensure that they didnt get f*cked by brake dust.
Thank god for that!
There was literally a solid coating of metal/sl4g/rust bonded to the wheels. (FYI they now look immense, pics to come soon ;))

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Another year, another MOT.

Passed, 1st time, with no advisories.

Didnt even have to buy the tester any Stella.

<3 my Trophy.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

^^^good stuff.

Hopefully mine will pass it's mot without any probs in the next few weeks.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

Another year, another MOT.

Passed, 1st time, with no advisories.

Didnt even have to buy the tester any Stella.

<3 my Trophy.

My invoice is in the post. I take cash, cheque and bottles of ale.....no lager pish.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

No real updates on the Trophy front at the moment, as its just been quietly doing its commuting job as & when for the past few months. FailSport did clean it in November, but that was detailed in this thread: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?611211-Trophy.-Detailed.

Done about 10k in it since September 2010 when i bought it, with a variety of trackdays thrown in for good measure, so its now sitting on:

IMG_1387.jpg

Not bad for a little pink shed ;)

Only problem i have at the moment is that it feels a little bouncy/more oversteery than usual. Now, whether this is because i have simply removed the 3 tonnes of cr4p/tools/parts from the boot and its feeling a little less planted than before, or the rear dampers (or perhaps even fronts?) have finally exploded, im not so sure - need to investigate really.

Also realised that whilst i bought loads of oil/filters for it a while back, i still havent actually done anything with it (other than listen to it all roll around in the boot of course), so will do that in the next week or so as well, along with removing the camber bolts - probably dont need -2.8 degrees on the front for day to day driving :eek:

Still <3 it.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Another quick update, more to show pictures of the other sheds at FailSport Weybridge branch really, Trophy isnt that interesting :eek:

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

Whilst i was drooling over the Aston's and generally having a bit of a man crisis, Ollie kindly did an oil change with the finest Motul 8100 X-cess 5W40 oil & a genuine Renault oil filter. Nick just wandered around thinking about whether to buy another M3, buy another clio, sell the M3, respray the M3, buy a cage, sell some tyres, or add more boost to the Audi. God only knows where Mike was, probably removing a engine/gearbox somewhere with nothing but a seatbelt & scaffolding tube for assistance.

After the brief 'service' we inspected the underside of the car, wishbones, bushes & dampers following my recent spate of pogo'ing. Thankfully, the front two Sachs are fine (they were refurbed 12k ago afterall), but the drivers side rear damper is showing signs of being slightly f*cked, with a nice layer of greasy brown oily stuff trickling down the side of it :dapprove: To be frank its probably my fault, i cant imagine that using the Trophy as a garden shed & keeping 3 tons of tools, parts & spare wheels in it (whilst still commuting 100 miles a day) is particularly sensible.

The question is, do i buy of OEM Sachs dampers, or go balls out & buy some Koni's. Hmmm ...

Petrol Blue 182.

LOL at the van, comical editing! buy some Konis dave!

330i. E30 Touring.

I was knocking one out and eating spag bol. x

Not at the same time, i might add.

Petrol Blue 182.

some extra sauce in you bolognese sir?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

Mike. You pauper. Forum user only?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

Koni's if you're still going to do trackdays in the Trophy, if not then the oem dampers.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

So after taking the M3 to Wales, i realised that i dont want to modify it. There really is absolutely no point whatsoever fitting lowering springs/coilovers or anything else to make it handle better - its too quick for the road as it is lol, & it probably wont be going anywhere near a track any time soon either ...

I hadnt driven the Trophy for 3 weeks (since the oil change) as the insurance had run out, the rear damper was knackered and i was being tight/didnt want to spend any money on it. As such, i was going to SORN it & just use the M3. But then it hit me, i've had this car since September 2010 (17 months) which for me, is a pretty long time, & to be honest, at this exact second if somebody told me i had to sell one of the cars, it wouldnt actually be the clio :eek: so i decided to give it some love. Quite a bit in fact.

So these are on there way to me at the moment:

Recaros.jpg

I know, i know, i said that i preferred the standard seats, perhaps i do? But if the Trophy is going to look standard, it needs the right seats ...

Rear Koni dampers are on order & i've now got 12 months insurance (Admiral Multicar - £440 for the Trophy, £700 for the M3).

First drive out & i actually found myself giggling like a kid. I think that sums the car up perfectly really. Its just brilliant fun.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

The colour of those seats looks awful but I suppose it doesn't matter when you're sat in them.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

The colour of those seats looks awful but I suppose it doesn't matter when you're sat in them.

Well yes, Sarah said that they look 'rank' :slap: although thats probably quite in keeping with the rest of the car lol.

These were half the price of proper Trophy ones though, so needs must an all that ...

Need to somehow fit the CC buttons from my knackered 182 wheel into my good condition 172 wheel though, hmmm.

Titanium 182

Weeeeeeeeey finally pulled your finger out of your ass then Dave?

Koni rears nice choice! Can be as stiff as mine now L

Still running standard springs? Sure you said you found the Mark Fish springs to hard

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Weeeeeeeeey finally pulled your finger out of your ass then Dave?

Koni rears nice choice! Can be as stiff as mine now L

Still running standard springs? Sure you said you found the Mark Fish springs to hard

lol, yeah the Trophy has been a little unloved as of late, M3 been taking all the attention/£££'s ...

Got Eibach Sportlines on it at the moment, as you say, i found the MF ones a little too hard & personally, i find his stuff waaaaay too expensive. Seem to give a slightly more comfortable ride over standard, with a slight drop for aesthetic purposes - still looks like a tractor mind!!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

Need to somehow fit the CC buttons from my knackered 182 wheel into my good condition 172 wheel though, hmmm.

Been there, done that. Did it with Clares 182 when I fitted the rather less melted standard wheel from my Cup on to it. Not too much of a ballache.....I give you nice price ;)

We need to sort a trackday for April I think......im getting serious withdrawl symptoms.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

ATR Trendlines I think. Horrific colour... but then the car is pink.

Will this be at Le Mans?

Titanium 182

lol, yeah the Trophy has been a little unloved as of late, M3 been taking all the attention/£££'s ...

Got Eibach Sportlines on it at the moment, as you say, i found the MF ones a little too hard & personally, i find his stuff waaaaay too expensive. Seem to give a slightly more comfortable ride over standard, with a slight drop for aesthetic purposes - still looks like a tractor mind!!

Mind you mine doesn't look to bad, may stick with the setup as it is now or change the springs to the standard ones.

Does one ever go to FCS?

Will this be at Le Mans?

Yep nasty colour seats, looks like a jacket from Greenwoods

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

Will this be at Le Mans?

No Chris, yet again we'll be a completely non RenaultSport convoy......full of sodding BMW's.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Oh...those seats. They go well with the green moss on the outside at least ;)

Glad you still got the Trophy love Dave. I need to get mine on a ramp like that with someone who know's what they're looking at, just for a check really!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

ATR seats dont look half as bad as they do in pics..;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Very nice Dave, fit the CC buttons to a sabelt wheel like a few had. If you do a search i think there's a guide type thing.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Been there, done that. Did it with Clares 182 when I fitted the rather less melted standard wheel from my Cup on to it. Not too much of a ballache.....I give you nice price ;)

We need to sort a trackday for April I think......im getting serious withdrawl symptoms.

Ah that sounds good then, i started to have a look at it last night but got bored after about 10 minutes, couldnt quite pull the connectors out the 182 wheel and was starting to look for the grinder. At which point, i thought i should probably stop before i did something silly ...

I'd be up for a trackday actually, funnily enough part of my 'man justification' for Trendlines was that they have harness holes. How fortunate.

Will this be at Le Mans?

Yeah, they are quite rank, much like the rest of the car really. Luckily once my ar5e is sat on them i wont have to look at them.

But no, it wont be going to Le Mans, we need the M3 for space purposes, & i want to do doughnuts in the campsite again ...

Glad you still got the Trophy love Dave. I need to get mine on a ramp like that with someone who know's what they're looking at, just for a check really!

I'll have a look at it if you like, although i dont really know what im doing. We just replace parts when they fall off/leak/break. I'm sure yours is fine though, its barely run in ;)

Very nice Dave, fit the CC buttons to a sabelt wheel like a few had. If you do a search i think there's a guide type thing.

That might be an idea, although for some reason i quite like the standard wheel, so may get it retrimmed in leather. Had a suede dished thing before, which was awesome, but didnt have an airbag, which is actually quite reassuring when your ploughing up & down the M3 100 miles a day. Not that it works anyway, the lights been on for the past 12 months lol ...

330Ci (Fail)Sport

Christ Dave, they are an ugly colour but suppose you really see them much anyway.

I'm tempted to come with the barge, learn the limits and see how long I can keep it sideways ;)

LY Megane R26 230

I guess with all this new found love for it you're no longer gonna sell it to me? :(

Sure you dont want to do a deal with a mint whaite rallye?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I think ClioSport Seat covers are still in the shop dave.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

I think ClioSport Seat covers are still in the shop dave.

Ha ha, will have a look ...

They've actually arrived this morning, & bar a couple of the subframe bolts being bent (thanks TNT) they look far better in real life than the photos suggest!! The alcantara bolsters are actually far nicer than the 'leather' on the proper Trophy ones, with the green being more than bearable - does make my eyes go a little funny if i look at the pattern for too long though :headno:

They match the plant anyway.
IMG_1433.jpg

Konis are here as well. Oo, shiny things.
IMG_1432.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Sir_Dave's Trophy. The 182 on (nearly) 182k ...

Told you theyre not that bad. Pics make them look shocking.. I know what you mean about the green though. its like a magic eye...haha

120d M Sport

I guess with all this new found love for it you're no longer gonna sell it to me? :(

Sure you dont want to do a deal with a mint whaite rallye?

Details on the rallye?

Seats really don't look that bad at all IMO, the alcantara looks smart.