ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver 182 Hit & Run Nottingham

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Hoping the lovely folks on here can help track down the scumbag that decided it'd be a good idea to PIT manoeuvre my mates Mrs off the road this evening & then do a runner :mad:

It happened around 22.45 on Mansfield Road in the Redhill area of Arnold, Nottingham & from her description the car that deliberately hit her was a silver clio with sport badges & the tell tale twin exhausts which probably indicates that it was a 182.

The piss boiler is that her car was a brand spanking new Volvo S40, only had it 2 weeks and it's a mobility car for ferrying their disabled son around in and the fact that they done a runner just makes things worse.

It's now in the hands of the police but maybe the CS detectives can help trace this car or perhaps it's been nicked & some poor sod is missing their car. Don't ever recall seeing many silver 182's around these ways so there's an outside chance that will make it easier to find.
Any replies will be greatly appreciated

Clio 182
there is two traffic cams on that road there which you can look at online so the police will deof be able to review the tapes if the clio stayed on mansfield road

Disastra Coupe
Can't see CS being much help tbh. You haven't got a number plate and there's plenty of silver 182's around Mansfield, let alone Nottingham.

Mk1 Focus RS
bad luck pal i live in arnold and ive recently been seeing a silver 182 round ill keep my eye out for it and if theres any damage to it ill make a note of the reg number

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Can't see CS being much help tbh. You haven't got a number plate and there's plenty of silver 182's around Mansfield, let alone Nottingham.

Ud be suprised with the stuff people can find on here..

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I dont understand why he would have deliberatly pit manouver her? lol jumping to conclusions there abit no doubt it was an accident.

Still a tosser for driving off ofcourse though.

BG 182
Maybe check with a few bodyshops to see if it's been booked in anywhere for a repair ? Although I have no idea how many there are in that area

Stealth 438'd 182
more than likely stolen and got some joyriding c**t behind the wheel.. any silver 182's stolen recently?

much damage? pics?

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I dont understand why he would have deliberatly pit manouver her? lol jumping to conclusions there abit no doubt it was an accident.

There's only 1 person who can answer that question

whats defined as a 'PIT manoeuvre'?

Driving into the rear quarter of the car to induce a spin ;) the clio hit the left rear wheel making her car spin & hit the kerb, I've not seen the car myself so no idea what's damaged & nor has she as the car got picked up there & then by volvo assistance and is being fixed as we speak.

You clearly haven't seen what people on here are capable of finding then, be afraid lol!

Well I see a hell of a lot of RS clios around this way & it's very very rare that I see a silver 182. It's all about getting as much info as possible to help the police find the scumbag responsible. Before she spoke to me her description to the coppers was a silver mk2 clio with a sport badge on the back, after I got her to describe it to me & I asked questions about the car I was able to tell her it was most likely a 182, the years they was made from & to which will obviously help narrow the search down from having to look at all silver mk2's from W reg to the campus models going around on 58 plates or whatever they go up to

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
gosh, originally i thought you just ment the clio cut her up and forced her into a mistake! Surely a mave like that is deliberate? Does she have any enemys with access to a silver clio? I really cant see someone doing that by mistake!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I lived in Nottingham for 13 years and it's a f*cked up place.

I lived in areas where gunshots can be heard every night, drive by shootings happen regularly
and you can walk out of your door into a taped off murder scene!!!

I've met women who have been raped, I lived in a shared house with a lad that got kidnapped by a gang,
taken to a flat and forced to hand over everything he owned along with his pin numbers.

Getting stabbed by children for telling them to stop jumping on your car is common place,
so being deliberately rammed off the road for a laugh by random f*ckwits is entirely possible.

A hell of alot of the horrific things that happen in that city don't get reported on the news for fear of causing a panic.
So many times i'd hear of things happening first hand by people who were there or happened to people they knew
and you'd hear nothing about it on the local news.

I've never thought i'd be glad to move back to backwards little Coventry.

Hope you/the Police catch the f*ckers.

Last edited:
There's only 1 person who can answer that question

Driving into the rear quarter of the car to induce a spin ;) the clio hit the left rear wheel making her car spin & hit the kerb, I've not seen the car myself so no idea what's damaged & nor has she as the car got picked up there & then by volvo assistance and is being fixed as we speak.

You clearly haven't seen what people on here are capable of finding then, be afraid lol!

Well I see a hell of a lot of RS clios around this way & it's very very rare that I see a silver 182. It's all about getting as much info as possible to help the police find the scumbag responsible. Before she spoke to me her description to the coppers was a silver mk2 clio with a sport badge on the back, after I got her to describe it to me & I asked questions about the car I was able to tell her it was most likely a 182, the years they was made from & to which will obviously help narrow the search down from having to look at all silver mk2's from W reg to the campus models going around on 58 plates or whatever they go up to

paddy.......full time security guard...wanna be cop;)

Clio 172

I lived in areas where gunshots can be heard every night, drive by shootings happen regularly

I've met women who have been raped, I lived in a shared house with a lad that got kidnapped by a gang,
taken to a flat and forced to hand over everything he owned along with his pin numbers.

Getting stabbed by children for telling them to stop jumping on your car is common place,
so being deliberately rammed off the road for a laugh by random f*ckwits is entirely possible.

A hell of alot of the horrific things that happen in that city don't get reported on the news for fear of causing a panic.
So many times i'd hear of things happening first hand by people who were there or happened to people they knew

Blimey Dave, I lived in Sherwood for two years whilst at Uni and loved Nottingham (we are going back a few years) sounds like its changed alot over there. I never thought I'd be glad to live in Coventry :lol:

DB.

BMW 440i

Blimey Dave, I lived in Sherwood for two years whilst at Uni and loved Nottingham (we are going back a few years) sounds like its changed alot over there. I never thought I'd be glad to live in Coventry :lol:

Lived there the past two years in some of the 'rougher' areas. It's no where near that bad in general, you must just be unlucky!

Worse you get on a regular basis is break ins and the occasional gunshot/stabbing. One of our librarians was stabbed for stopping someone stealing a laptop, but as said, this sort of thing happens in lots of the big cities and stays unreported.

Just like a lot of cites, e.g. Bham/London.

RB FF 200 CUP
shite - hope the police get a result quickly
can't help thinking the clio maybe stolen? to deliberatly damage your own car you gotta be pretty twisted?

172 cup

stop taking out of your arse

DB.

BMW 440i
LOL to the point there clickyclio.

I did think that though, bit of an exaggeration. Coventry is more of a s**t hole.

I've had experience in both, neither are that bad in crime though, Nottingham at least is a relatively decent little city though, coventry has nothing to offer.

172 cup
I lived in Nottingham for the first 40 years of my life (Carlton, Gedling and then Arnold) so i know that this is total bullshit

Nottingham has no more trouble than any other city in England of the same size

DB.

BMW 440i
Id say less tbh.

I've lived in Sherwood, Radford and St Anns and found it far more pleasant/safer than Birmingham. I live in a very nice part of Birmingham too, but still have more problems .

Just can't stand the roads/speed cameras/layout in Notts.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404

Not sure if serious...

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Lol @ people thinking that just because they've not experienced anything like this that I must be full of sh*t,
I was trying to get accross to the OP that there might not be a reason as to why this happened
and give him a little insight into how the place can be in my experience.

I also had a many great times in Notts and met loads of mates.

But hey nevermind, if you makes you feel better calling me a liar then carry on,
I couldn't give a f*ck and it won't change the fact that all that sh*t happened, aswell as loads more just as bad if not worse I haven't mentioned.

Oh, and I never said Notts was any worse than other big city,
and I agree Coventry is a massive sh*thole.

Last edited:

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Oh no, someone i've never met and will more than likely never meet is being mean to me on the internet, whatever will I do?
You've ruined xmas for me I hope you're happy. boohoo :cry:

White clique
I lived in Nottingham for the first 40 years of my life (Carlton, Gedling and then Arnold) so i know that this is total bulls**t

Nottingham has no more trouble than any other city in England of the same size

wrong actually, Nottingham was named the most crime ridden town in the UK 5 years ago and have a much higher than average crime rate in pretty much all categories.

http://www.police.uk/crime/?q=Nottingham (click neighbourhood)

Clio Sport 200
Like any other city, Notts has its rough areas in which 95% of the crime is localised.

I've lived in sherwood for 4 years and I've experienced no trouble at all. Unlike the quaint little country village in Derbyshire where I grew up which regularly had sprees of burglary. Jus' sayin'...

Hi ClioSport.Net btw :)

Bus w**ker
stop taking out of your arse

LOL I was going to put it more eloquently than that but yeah +1.

I've lived in Notts for nearly 24 years with a short stint in Manchester in between, whilst I don't personally live in the ghettos of Notts I do have friends that do and apart from knowing of one shooting and a lad that got locked in a hookers house by her pimp and robbed of everything, including clothes LOL, it's no way worse than any other city. If anything I feel safer to walk around the dark streets of Notts in s**t areas than Manchester city centre at 1pm on a Saturday.

Disastra Coupe
I was thinking this also, Notts is not that bad. I might not live there but i've spent plenty of time there at all times of day and night and not had a bad experience.

Granted, there are some shady people - but there is everywhere.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I've been to places that make the shittiest parts of Notts look like paradise in comparison lol, the whole country is a shithole, we just have rather a lot of decent places that sort of make up for it....a bit.

Bit of an update on the damage for those interested, last we heard from the repair people is that the bodywork damage was simply polished out & 2 new wheels & tyres are on order. Once they're fitted they'll be able to see if it still drives straight or not

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
Lol @ people thinking that just because they've not experienced anything like this that I must be full of sh*t,
I was trying to get accross to the OP that there might not be a reason as to why this happened
and give him a little insight into how the place can be in my experience.

I also had a many great times in Notts and met loads of mates.

But hey nevermind, if you makes you feel better calling me a liar then carry on,
I couldn't give a f*ck and it won't change the fact that all that sh*t happened, aswell as loads more just as bad if not worse I haven't mentioned.

Oh, and I never said Notts was any worse than other big city,
and I agree Coventry is a massive sh*thole.

FLOL what a joke.

there arent murders and gunshots on a regular basis.. were do you think you live some ghetto ?

i know exactly what goes on around those area's, yeah its rough but very far from what your making it out to be. Think your neighbours must have COD on to loud and your mistaking there gunshotz for da real ting.

LOL. DaveDredz must have proper lived in the Ghetto.

I've been around pretty damn rough places in Notts without even battering an eyelid, and i'm 'supposedly' a 'little boy'.
I actually felt more on edge when I visited Barnsley, the f**king s**t inbred hole.

Clio 182
A guy got shoot right across the road from me, which happened while i was at home, and i didnt even hear the gunshoot :( felt like i was missing out!!

172 cup
Oh no, someone i've never met and will more than likely never meet is being mean to me on the internet, whatever will I do?
You've ruined xmas for me I hope you're happy. boohoo :cry:

Oh no, someone I've never met and will more than likely never meet is being scarcastic to me on the Internet, what will I do?

You've ruined Xmas for me I hope you're happy. Boohoo :cry: