ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sigma 10-20mm

Focus ST-3
I am toying with the idea of buying a sigma 10-20mm lens and with Rome fast approaching I am thinking of doing this sooner rather than later.

after looking it seems you can get some legit but imported lenses for cheaper. What is the problem with these? Lack of warranty? Is that it? Is it so bad? I mean how many would actually have a fault?

what trusted uk stores are worth looking at too?

thanks

Petrol Blue 182.
I looked at getting one of these. I looked at a Sigma as I've been very pleased with my other Sigma lense.

I couldn't justify the £300 odd price tag though!

Focus ST-3
Have a look on DigitalRev

Thanks, will do.

I looked at getting one of these. I looked at a Sigma as I've been very pleased with my other Sigma lense.

It is a fair bit of money but if you look after it, keep the box and packaging you will fetch about £280 on eBay so you don't really lose much!

Focus ST-3
James - have you used digitalrev before? They seem to be imports too. What are the implications of this?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Just do it.

Seriously.

Just buy one.

No, really.....

8458901699_9cb40f114a_z.jpg

Disabled drivers only by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

8456130569_23539e070a_z.jpg

Wool spinning by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

8418167588_1804be1344_z.jpg

Vaporised cat by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Best. Lense. Everrrr......

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Just keep looking on eBay! You can pick them up cheaper than £250, I wouldn't get an import. You won't regret buying one.

Focus ST-3
But what is the problem with imports? It it just the lack of warranty? Because if I'm going second hand I'm probably getting no warranty either and its probably a couple of years old!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve bought quite a bit of stuff from Digital Rev. They are grey imports but you get a digital rev warranty with the product, for instance when there was a problem with my Sigma 50mm, they referred me to Sigma UK who (when provided with the right documents) fixed the lens free of charge.

Focus ST-3
I will regret not buying it before going to Rome next month so I'm going to have to get one soon. There always seem to be loads on ebay too but I still don't know what to do. Pay £270ish for a second hand one or £325 for a brand new import that at least has some from of warranty on it. My gut is saying new from digitalrev as ebay is full of c***s, will probably have scratches/not listed as it should be, has no warranty and just isnt new!!

Yep go with digital rev

I've had £800 bodies and £4-500 lenses from them

Pretty quick delivery, good customer service

BUT order from their website not their ebay account.
If you buy from their website you get UK warranty from a UK based company. If you buy through their ebay account you have to post stuff back to hong kong for the warranty ( I think because of eBay regulations)

Focus ST-3
I have ordered it! I have got it from Harrison Cameras who are an authorised UK Sigma retailer and paid £345 with free delivery. I get a 3 year extended warranty and also Sigma are giving away a free 77mm DG UV filter with the purchase of every 10-20mm 4-5.6 lens (UK Retailers only with stock imported through Sigma UK) so not bad really. Cant wait for it to arrive in time for the weekend!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nice one! I bought mine last month, not really got round to using it yet tbh, but seems good.

Focus ST-3
Nice one! I bought mine last month, not really got round to using it yet tbh, but seems good.

To be honest I probably wont get round to using it until I go to Rome either, but its nice to know I'll have it in time!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm the same mate, I bought mine specifically for Dubai at the end of the month. 18mm wasn't enough when I was last out there, lol.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
What version are people using? The f4-5.6 or the newer f3.5? Looking into getting one and starting some landscapes and wide angle photography

Dynamique 1.2 16v
i bought the F3.5 to go on my D7000 , great lens , love it

View attachment 95452

one of mine from very early morning in africa , nearly dark in the landrover .

bought mine from

http://www.onestop-digital.com no probs at all , arrived in 2 days via dhl.

Ah that's a brilliant picture mate! Will definitely look into this lens abit more, just liked the look of the 4-5.6 as it was a tad cheaper, and I use flash/off camera lighting in lowlight situations, but I Spose the 3.5 comes In handy for the spur of the moment shots like this

Focus ST-3
What version are people using? The f4-5.6 or the newer f3.5? Looking into getting one and starting some landscapes and wide angle photography

I got the 4-5.6 from Harrison's for £345. I've yet to use it really but will have some pictures up in a few weeks when I'm back from rome. Seems a great lens though, probably won't leave my camera tbh!

if you buy it before the end of April you can get a free UV filter from sigma too - http://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/quicklinks/20177/index.htm

Dynamique 1.2 16v
I got the 4-5.6 from Harrison's for £345. I've yet to use it really but will have some pictures up in a few weeks when I'm back from rome. Seems a great lens though, probably won't leave my camera tbh!

if you buy it before the end of April you can get a free UV filter from sigma too - http://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/quicklinks/20177/index.htm

Yeah see that's an attractive price! Well I won't be buying it just yet, will be before the summer though, so looking forward to seeing some examples from you mate :)

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Well I'm hoping to purchase it in may (yn) budget should allow f3.5 but if not, by the looks of it, the cheaper version is still an incredible lens! Great shots by the way! Love the first one, perfect colouring

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Mate just picked up a mint second hand one of these (4-5.6 I think), boxed with petal and UV filter for £250 posted. Incredible lens for the money.

Mental 172 Cup
I have got a problem with my 24-70, but won't clog this thread up with it. Ill take a couple of photos and show people.

RS
I bought the Nikkor 10-24 3.5 for a trip to Rome last year and it quickly became my favourite lense - really good quality and a great focal range. Not the cheapest however, around £800 when I purchased and very hard to get hold of at the time.