ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sigma 10-20mm

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a lens and two Camera Bodies from Digital rev with no problems and great service, the products always come heavily bible wrapped giving lots of protection, they even throw in some freebees with some things like my last camera (only small things like a screen protector, hand grip and microfibre cloth).

Back onto the topic of the thread, I think I'll be buying one of these soon, I've been contemplating either this or a Tamron 70-300 VC, but I decided I'd put one of these to better use.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
That’s precisely what I thought when I tried James’s 10-20 a while back, when I looked though the viewfinder for the first time I was amazed by how stupidly wide it was haha, I knew I had to have one.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Nikon D7000 for me, Luke. And the F4-5.6 version. I couldn’t justify the extra money for 1/3 of a stop at the wide end, plus it’ll be getting stopped down for landscapes anyway :)

Mental 172 Cup
I just read a review and most seem to say that the F4-5.6 is actually sharper.. So I've also gone with that one.. Mounting on a Nikon D90 for now.. Hopefully will restore my faith in my gear..

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I’ve heard that too, it’s a stunning lens in both versions. It should work well on your D90, I’m sure there’s be plenty of examples on Flickr from that combo.

Mental 172 Cup
I'm quite looking forward to it arriving to be honest.. Should be good now the warmer weather and sunsets are starting to arrive..

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
He has a 17-40, TEG, its pretty much the same as a 10-20 really, well on Canon crop sensors the 10-20 is effectively 16mm in 35mm terms.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Got mine today. After using it outside briefly, I love it. I can’t wait to use it properly outdoors for some landscapes/architecture/cars etc. I have a shoot with a car coming up soon so I’ll use it for that and post the photos :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome lens! Mine barely left my camera when I was on holiday!

8642409673_f331c87b01.jpg

8644500953_10712c1b02.jpg

8644736487_754d4cca80.jpg

Get low, f/8, go!

Mental 172 Cup
I've got mine through the post, used it once but that was in a dark room with the on camera flash, even then at 20mm they came out really clear.. Can't wait to try it this weekend..

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Watch out if you're using it with an on camera flash Luke, it'll create an arced shadow at the bottom of the pic where the flash catches the edge of the lens.

Mental 172 Cup
Yeh I noticed that with most big lenses.. But at 20mm it was perfectly fine.. My speed light was flat and didnt particularly fancy having too much going on for such a little party ha..

Golf GTD Mk7
Very quick shot from a place near the DHL depot, I’ll post some better ones once I get chance to use it properly outside.

8694242434_5764b48a90_z.jpg

Leafy Lane by Niall97, on Flickr

Looks good mate. I assume you tweeked the saturation on that quite a bit. It would be good to see the in camera image to get a better idea of the lense quality. Any lense can be made to look good in PS ;)

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good mate. I assume you tweeked the saturation on that quite a bit. It would be good to see the in camera image to get a better idea of the lense quality. Any lense can be made to look good in PS ;)

It isn’t dramatically different straight out of the camera really, the colours were stunning as they were.

Also, people are going to edit their photos regardless, so you’re better off seeing the finished photo to get an idea of what the lens can achieve coupled with your editing seems as the edited images are going to be the ones you’re displaying. If you want to see a lens test go to DP review ;)