ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Short Clutch Pedal Travel

UJA

172 & 2x Uno Turbos
My phase 2 172 has a very short clutch pedal travel compared to my mates identical car.... anyone had this too? Clutch bites fine although it is notchy getting gears sometimes.

Black Gold 182
I have this problem too on my 182...as im releasing the clutch pedal its nothing...nothing....slight bite...then a very very slight travel between it biting and it being fully engaged. I have no clutch slip whatsoever, gear changes are fairly smooth.

I asked on here around 3k miles ago and people said worn clutch. 3k on and i havnt had it changed and it doesnt seem to be any worse or any better at all. still bites very hard when pulling off if i accidentally release it a little bit too much/fast. Cant really tell much from 3k miles though i guess...

Many.
Worn clutch is most likely. It'd probably take years for it to actually fail, will still be a lot of meat on the friction plate, you'll find the springs are just tired.

New clutch isn't a cheap job on these though.

UJA

172 & 2x Uno Turbos
See mine bites very low compared to the high biting point of a car with a worn clutch. I think the clutch is fine, no slipping or signs of it failing. Just a short pedal, I was thinking could it be the wrong clutch cable as it had one recently fitted my the previous owner. But then I thought about it and went out to the car. If the cable was too long, there would be free play in the pedal, ie I could lift the pedal up from it's resting place. But nothing, and if it was too short, it wouldn't work whatsoever as the cable wouldn't reach the pedal if attached on the clutch arm on the box?

baffled.

Got a worn synchro on 3rd so I'm gonna change the box and fit a new clutch while I'm at it, will then see if it fixes the problem.

Gary.

Many.
Its not a worn friction plate, it'll be the pressure plate. Which is what I said, just not to the point as that.