ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shite renault jacks

PH1 iceburg
Had to use the renault jack today to get my car high enough to get the trolley jacke under it. What a mission, firstly why does the jack have a flat head when the jacking point is a this bit of metal. Surely they must know it is gonna bend when u try and jack up the car.

A pic to show what i mean

DSC00057.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I keep a piece of wood in the car. Roll the car onto the wood, then use the trolley jack.

PH1 iceburg
Was gonna do that but the que to get in B&Q car park today was huge.

U learn from your mistakes i guess

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I thought my jacking point is like that, my jack has a little clip thing on it that goes through that hole on the jacking point.

BMW M135i
Re: s**te renault jacks

that's not a jacking point mate... lol
Erm, yes it is. Check the manual, the vees come with a proper jack with a hook that slots into the hole to hold the jack god knows why they all don't.

Erm, yes it is. Check the manual, the vees come with a proper jack with a hook that slots into the hole to hold the jack god knows why they all don't.

yep same with mk1s. The jack has a small hook that goes through the hole.

PH1 iceburg
I wasnt sure, but i remember my old 1.2 many moons ago had a jack with a slit in it where that part of the sill sat in perfectly

i think the standard jack i've got is actually ok (as they go), but the plastic loop that you hook the winding handle into looks as though it wouldn't stand up to a lot of regular use as it deforms alarmingly

Black Gold Trophy
Looks like you have the wrong jack, both my 182 and the girlfriends have one with a loop that hooks into that cut out on the sill.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
My 182 one had the hook to go through that hole and was fine - also much quikcer to lift the car if you have an impact gun to put on the hex bit you turn round lol!

Da

Less
Mine has the hook and hole set up, I have still managed to bend one jacking point ever so slightly though!

Car is too low for a trolley jack! :dapprove:

TrackCar & F30 330d

that's not a jacking point mate... lol

Yes it is mate.

My jack has a little metal bit that comes up from the top of the jack and it goes in that hole.

One of my sills is bent a little.

D4N13L trust me mate the method i said is the only way to get low cars up in the air :)
You could try getting some moule grips on the bent bit of sill and bending it back, but i would have though it would be pretty hard.

PH1 iceburg
Cheers crispy, dont worry i trust ya.

It did get it up in the air enuff to get the trolley under just bent the fcuking think.

Nice and clean now though :)

182 cup

Renault jacks are made of putty, the hook on mine broke off
the second time I used it.