ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seized torx screws on wheel arch liner

cupguy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Need to take my front wheel arch liners out to clean behind and replace. torx screws are likely the original 20 year old ones and are seized and threaded. Unsure if drilling them is a good idea given their location down near the sills, any thoughts on best option?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Need to take my front wheel arch liners out to clean behind and replace. torx screws are likely the original 20 year old ones and are seized and threaded. Unsure if drilling them is a good idea given their location down near the sills, any thoughts on best option?
Grab them with mole grips

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Maybe just see what they are like first, before assuming they are fucked? If you use the right tools they will come out. Torx bit in an impact driver and I'm sure they will come out. Failing that vice grips as already suggested. Shouldn't be any need to drill them out if done properly.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Grind the head off, pull the liner out, use grips to remove the threaded part.