ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

securing sub on isofix bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio MK2 1.4 16v
anyone tried to secure their sub to the isofix bar?

My sub box is a bit small and when cornering it keeps sliding left and right.

What have you done to secure it?

I do not want to use velcro tape

Something like these but in black.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_199565_langId_-1_categoryId_202502
Loosen the isofix bar so you can get the strap underneath and around it.

Tesco sell these in black £3 for 2. Failing that just using one of these, hook it off the existing loops.
Elastic-Cords-Bungee-Cord-E12184F-.jpg

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I used a piece of string in my old old car.

Just tied it round the box. Easy!
I wouldn't recommend that, since a subwoofer needs to be secured properly. Otherwise it can cause serious damage or even death in an event of a crash

Is it really necessary though lol. A bit of velcro on the bottom will stop it sliding about :quiet:
Velcro is definitely not enough to secure a subwoofer in case of a crash. Having the subwoofer not secured properly can cause serious injury or even death

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, but there are always new people who might find this thread even nowadays
Have you honestly registered on here to let people know that using velcro to hold down a 20kg sub might be dangerous?

Appreciate the warning though mate. Could you help @BenR out with this question too please:

Status
Not open for further replies.