ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SDHC card problem

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I bought a new card (16GB SDHC) for a new camera for holiday recently, took loads of pics/vids and it was getting a little full, put it in a card reader on a machine in the internet cafe and went through deleting pics etc to make space, now when I put it in the camera, or any other device, it says 'you need to format the disk before you can use it'. Obviously I don't want to format the card as I'll lose everything on it, does anyone know how I can get into it without formatting?

clio 182 black /gold
Try and use some recovery software. My memory card came with a small disc with the software on it.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I saw lots of links to recovery software when I googled the problem, I'm always wary of software downloads but I guess I'll have to take a chance and dl'd one.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Have you tried putting the card into the camera again? Does that work?

How about hooking the camera up to the PC with the card in rather that the card in a card reader?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Same result with the card in the camera, in the card slot on the laptop, and on usb card reader. I dl'd some recovery software earlier before seeing the one posted above, it's worked but it seems to have compressed all the files, pics are smaller. Will dl the software posted above later and give that a go. At least I have the holiday snaps for now, that's the main thing.