ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scuffs and scratches.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Just got a new clio and it has a scuff on the front and rear bumper quite deep and was wondering how to resolve this? I do in the long run want a 172 rear, and 182 front but that's quite far away! There's also a rather large scuff/dent on the rear passenger door, how to make this less obvious? Just want this resolving first really. Any helps greatly appreciated!

20160124_154817_zpsjubx8xqt.jpg

20160124_154722_zpstn4l22ib.jpg

20160124_155028_zpssfxtmpds.jpg

Cheers,
Louis

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i'd thought so! The brother has a machine polisher and he said he'd do the whole car for me whenever i wanted. Would I be able to rattle can this? I have a small compressor at home, but i'm at uni for quite a while!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Rattle can away... Then get it done properly and kuck yourself for wasting money on the cans.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah, rattle can it, or paint the scuffs by hand until the paint is the same level as the surrounding paint.

Then Sand the sprayed area back with fine grade wet and dry. (P1000 all the way up to p3000)

Then polish it after it's been sanded.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I was only wanting the cheapest option as if I went in for professional repair I may as well just save up a little bit more and get the sport bumpers. Thanks for all help so far though!

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Best bet is to get a new rear door from a breaker. Get an ad on here or gumtree for a rear door in your colour. Same for the bumpers. Also if ur goin down the cheap sport look you should get a 04 bumper clio bumper with a fabia splitter to save buying the proper sport wings and sideskirts. Full sport rep will probably cost the price of a real 172 these days.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Will see whether any parts come up local! Cheers Fairm, but postage will be a fair bit and not sure on my colour code, will it be pearl black?