ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Thank you Tim, ill look forward to seeing yours when its done. :)

14905976523_debe27f194_b.jpg
009 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Just noticed the Camaro, that's not yours as well is it?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
No Tim, its the guy at the end of our cul-de-sac. He chased me once when i was in the Clio before i had the cams fitted.

It was fun watching him come out of the round a bout and bends. :race:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So one of the jobs on the "things to do list" and after SharkyUK pointing out at CSS the next job was to sort out the stone chipped wiper arms, at first i was just going to buy a new pair from Renault but after Adam saying that they where over £90 i decided not to.

(Invoice is in the post Andy) :eek:

So i thought about getting the powder coated but after stripping them down there is bits of plastic that plastic covers fit to so this couldn't be done as it would melt when being baked.

14932744278_ce2cc3a79c_b.jpg
Untitled by scottieraven, on Flickr

I took the arms along to the powder coaters and had them just glass blast them, then the paint shop could etch prime and satin black the arms for a much better finish.

Glass blasted and ready for primer.

15124366881_2c5d73ff2e_b.jpg

15127376415_a933f914e9_b.jpg

Bit mental i know, but it stared me in the eyes everytime i cleaned the car or opened the bonnet. :dapprove:

Dropped them off at the paint shop yesterday so should get them back sometime next week.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
So one of the jobs on the "things to do list" and after @SharkyUK pointing out at CSS the next job was to sort out the stone chipped wiper arms, at first i was just going to buy a new pair from Renault but after Adam saying that they where over £90 i decided not to.

(Invoice is in the post Andy) :eek:

So i thought about getting the powder coated but after stripping them down there is bits of plastic that plastic covers fit to so this couldn't be done as it would melt when being baked.

14932744278_ce2cc3a79c_b.jpg

I took the arms along to the powder coaters and had them just glass blast them, then the paint shop could etch prime and satin black the arms for a much better finish.

Glass blasted and ready for primer.

15124366881_2c5d73ff2e_b.jpg

15127376415_a933f914e9_b.jpg

Bit mental i know, but it stared me in the eyes everytime i cleaned the car or opened the bonnet. :dapprove:

Dropped them off at the paint shop yesterday so should get them back sometime next week.

Painting your wipers, even seems a bit OTT for you! Out of interest where is it you use for painting//powdercoating? Thinking of getting my lower grill and fog surrounds done.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
lol, the chips bug me mate.

The powder coating stuff i use Vulcan in Basildon, the wiper arms i took to a small bodyshop in Stanford-le-hope.

Ive never used them before but they are very local to where i live. How hard can it be to paint wiper arms, should come out okay i hope.

http://www.stanfordbodyrepairs.co.uk/services.html

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So 1st thing this morning i removed both door catches as the plating was starting to wear in places and look un-tidy.
The only problem with doing this is that i am unable to shut my doors but lucky enough it lives under a cover, also the platers have said if i got them to them early enough they would be able to plate them in a day for me. :D

15145644855_98e2e82ddd_b.jpg
007 by scottieraven, on Flickr

15145650555_567502affb_b.jpg
002 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Collected my bits from the plater's this afternoon and while i was out the paint shop called to say the wipers where ready for collection.

Nice and shiny.:cool:

15125894976_50cb4f8f47_b.jpg
009 by scottieraven, on Flickr

14962246050_dccf69bdca_b.jpg
010 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Plated screws fitted back.

15148899165_f1daa2522a_b.jpg
015 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Door catches fitted back.

15125886666_5ae5db59c7_b.jpg
013 by scottieraven, on Flickr

15145913301_8d00b4d310_b.jpg
014 by scottieraven, on Flickr

I know there was only a few small chips but the wipers look so much better now. SharkyUK okay for you??? :rasp:

14962402447_4c4dcd7ff8_b.jpg
019 by scottieraven, on Flickr

14962228460_7569d77b29_b.jpg
018 by scottieraven, on Flickr

15125943616_ce19f8f0c3_b.jpg
025 by scottieraven, on Flickr

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
That nylon bush on the door catch has got a bit of dirty grease on it. FYI.

Must be the only bit of dirt on the car?

Its a bit of dirt/wear from the door catch mate, i wasn't able to remove it before it went to the plater's. I would clean it up but it will only get dirty again.

The car is not perfect dude and does get used, its just a very nice PH1. :D

Monaco 172
Its a bit of dirt/wear from the door catch mate, i wasn't able to remove it before it went to the plater's. I would clean it up but it will only get dirty again.

The car is not perfect dude and does get used, its just a very nice PH1. :D

Tis perfect ;)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So after having my OZ F1s refurbished 3 years ago by Spit and Polish and them not doing them to my standard i have been buying wheels as they have come up for sale on here.

I have ended up with 7 spares sitting in the garage ready to be refurbished, i just didn't know who by.

After talking to Detail Chris some time ago he recommended John at JP Polishing.

I ended up taking 6 wheels to Johns, he is a one man band so he does everything from start to finish so the quality control is in his hands. I also looked at a few of the wheels he had already done.
There where epic and as good on the inside as the out.

Im looking forward to getting them back ready for the french car show at Don.

Wheels i sent John.

15124400461_6f55934d45_b.jpg

15127012792_0e447db83f_b.jpg

14940804787_582dbe0a02_b.jpg

I also ordered some engine oil from Opie so i got this little parcel from them yesterday.

14968613568_eb68e1f8b1_b.jpg

Scott, holy sh*t man!! This just gets better & better!! You'll be cleaning the tyre treads next ;)

I can't wait to hear what you think about the wheels once they're done. Mine are shot to sh*t.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers for the comments chap's.
I'm looking forward to seeing the wheel's to Craig.

Haha, I'm running out of things to do on it now. :(

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
So after having my OZ F1s refurbished 3 years ago by Spit and Polish and them not doing them to my standard i have been buying wheels as they have come up for sale on here.

I have ended up with 7 spares sitting in the garage ready to be refurbished, i just didn't know who by.

After talking to Detail Chris some time ago he recommended John at JP Polishing.

I ended up taking 6 wheels to Johns, he is a one man band so he does everything from start to finish so the quality control is in his hands. I also looked at a few of the wheels he had already done.
There where epic and as good on the inside as the out.

Im looking forward to getting them back ready for the french car show at Don.

Wheels i sent John.

15124400461_6f55934d45_b.jpg

15127012792_0e447db83f_b.jpg

14940804787_582dbe0a02_b.jpg

I also ordered some engine oil from Opie so i got this little parcel from them yesterday.

14968613568_eb68e1f8b1_b.jpg

No pressure scott!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Is that the Donnington expo thing-

I still think you should throttle body it as you can do the work yourself apart from Mapping.

Yes mate that's the one.

I don't think I could bring myself to cut hole's in the bonnet and slam panel, I also like my ac.
If i was ever in a position to modify the engine then it would be SC as its better bang for the buck.

Next mod will be a LSD and a box rebuild.

No pressure scott!

None what so ever mate.

John's work looked great, I looked at a few wheels he had done before I handed mine over. :)

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Yes mate that's the one.

I don't think I could bring myself to cut hole's in the bonnet and slam panel, I also like my ac.
If i was ever in a position to modify the engine then it would be SC as its better bang for the buck.

Next mod will be a LSD and a box rebuild.

None what so ever mate.

John's work looked great, I looked at a few wheels he had done before I handed mine over. :)

All the the work I've seen of his and he's done for me and my customers have been spot on. I'm super picky who I use and recommend! Look forward to seeing the results.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
He seems to care about what he does, also as its only him doing the work he can control what goes out of the door.

Im looking forward to getting the wheels back.

Clio RS
reading this tread has been a truly inspiration
after a couple of years of not doing anything to my 172, ordered some parts for it

stunning car this!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
He seems to care about what he does, also as its only him doing the work he can control what goes out of the door.

Im looking forward to getting the wheels back.

Youve just got to get over what his workplace looks like! It's a far cry from the 'detailing' world

How much the wheels costing buddy? Powdercoated or painted?

My finish from Spit & Polish wasn't 100% either. I'm too picky. Marks on the inside of the rim from the oven stands and random bits of metal pick up.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers for the pictures Lesley.

John said between £45 - £55 each depending how bad they are once they have been stripped.