ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scenic shifter

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I don't know what to do now... I'd rather have an improved gearchange for the time being, then take it out and sell it when I can afford a PMS. Seems reasonable to me. A yanoo would take the sloppiness out of the standard shifter, which is mainly what I want.

Cool do that :)

Have txt btw

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
If your not going pms try n get a bms. Ash is a proper sound guy ive met him a couple of times now worth the £165
What does it improve out of interest? Like is it far stiffer, with better throw into each gear?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
What does it improve out of interest? Like is it far stiffer, with better throw into each gear?
Yeh its got a better throw stiffens it up so on. Its well worth the money ive seen them sell 150 used 2 so 15 loss would i like a pms yeh will i buy one no the bms does me fine

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I think everybody would love a PMS one but some people can't afford or warrant £300+.

They are fantastic and feel great and you can see why they hold there money 2nd hand too but the BMS one is not to be sniffed at. It's half the price but it's still a very good piece of kit, even if its more a homebrew style. And like Dave said, you'll still have no issues selling it on when you eventually get a PMS one :wink:

dan's cast offs.
I don't know what to do now... I'd rather have an improved gearchange for the time being, then take it out and sell it when I can afford a PMS. Seems reasonable to me. A yanoo would take the sloppiness out of the standard shifter, which is mainly what I want.

just go for the pms, it's seriously worth it.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
What are the differences in the whole pms linkage and the standard one? Is it just the spherical bearing?

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
What are the differences in the whole pms linkage and the standard one? Is it just the spherical bearing?
Not sure on the ins and outs, but @bloke was the one who showed me the one in his and ever since I've recommended them to everyone who'd listen. Was seriously impressed after the sloppiness of my box. Find somebody who has one and you'll see mate!

dan's cast offs.
What are the differences in the whole pms linkage and the standard one? Is it just the spherical bearing?[/

the shitty bushes are bearings on the pms set up. basically any play you can feel with the pms is in the box itself. you can feel the detent balls click into place on the selector shafts with the pms. if the scenic set up was £20 then it would be worth it, over £100...jog on!!

172 LB Clio
my scenic yanoo shifter has had a rubber bush come out. Can you re order the parts from renault? There is a bit of slop left to right whilst in gear didnt know if anyone could point me in the right direction?