ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scania racing on motorway

535d / t5 caravelle
nice, one of my mates has a scania top one whatever it may be? had him about 2" off my back bumper once giving it death, doesn't half scare the s**t out of you when you see one of those things taking up all you rear veiw mirror!

and yeah, they do fair shift lol.

thats had the speed limiter removed then!

wouldnt have had one at that age mate.

besides its very easy to bypass them anyway.

scanias its fuse 18
renaults its fuse 46
new scanias you put a magnet on the top of the box, on the speedo drive.
new renaults like the premiums etc all o6 onwards, just enter diagnostics mode on the dash as it bypasses the limiter,
volvos you enter the code on the dash computer, punch in the code, last 4 digits of the vin, and then reprogram the speed limiter to what ever you want.
ivecos its actually labled speed limiter relay lol.

Monaro VXR
Love the comment form the yank in the video going on about global warming... I didn't know the US was a nice green country lol.

thats had the speed limiter removed then!

wouldnt have had one at that age mate.

besides its very easy to bypass them anyway.

scanias its fuse 18
renaults its fuse 46
new scanias you put a magnet on the top of the box, on the speedo drive.
new renaults like the premiums etc all o6 onwards, just enter diagnostics mode on the dash as it bypasses the limiter,
volvos you enter the code on the dash computer, punch in the code, last 4 digits of the vin, and then reprogram the speed limiter to what ever you want.
ivecos its actually labled speed limiter relay lol.

Saved that post.

I want a Cab lol.

williams and trophy
lol class.

even back in the day the mercs could outpace a cossie off the lights.

things to watch out for were the buses, old volvo ones with the auto box/lecy change. they were fair rapid too.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
lol i remember once leaving a VTR for dead in a Scaina 164 580. Our 5 are runing around 690bhp though.

visualize whirled pe
Many years ago I used to collect up the tachographs from the drivers of our haulage firm and you could tell if they had been over the limit.
When I'm on the motorway I notice more than often you'll be lucky to see an HGV stick to the limit. Cabs are very powerfull, we had ERF's with Gardner engines and I remember they were quick.

williams and trophy
Many years ago I used to collect up the tachographs from the drivers of our haulage firm and you could tell if they had been over the limit.
When I'm on the motorway I notice more than often you'll be lucky to see an HGV stick to the limit. Cabs are very powerfull, we had ERF's with Gardner engines and I remember they were quick.

they be the 180s or the 240s??

we had a couple of the older erf s with the gardners, but the jennings lumped one was always quicker tbh. think about the quickest one we had was an old f89 volvo. used to go like foook, was quicker than the newer erf's e42s and the volvo fl10.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
i've shocked a few people in the 26t rigids (mercs when empty) pulled of from the lights with some tw@t in the outside lane wanting to turn left in front of me they don't expect a wagon to go as quick as their car, then you get all sorts of nice hand gestures when they can't get past

Clio 197
That aint a standard cab mate, thats a racing truck and ive seen them in action and they are the funniest things, 20 trucks all puring out that smoke and most of them will see of an M3 on the straight, dumpe valves in every gear which is about 40. Well quality, went to to them with a mate who works for the company and the guy said he took his on the road once and just dusted tonnes of s**t.

Leon Cupra 300
lol i remember once leaving a VTR for dead in a Scaina 164 580. Our 5 are runing around 690bhp though.

Grrrrrrr... I know it's the legal limit but i was stuck behind one of your wagons the other day doing 40mph everywhere! Could of used its 690 brake!

Megane Trophy
Thats not a standard truck

thats most probably around 1000 hp, racing truck as used in the uk series.

A friend of mine built steve horne's truck thats 1300hp and 40-80 its faster that a f430 as prooven at bruntingthorpe!