ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Santa Pod Experience

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Hi All.

I'm going to the Santa Pod run this weekend and need a bit of advice please.
Me and my mate are going in 2 seperate cars (Both going up the strip)
We would really like to alternate videoing each other going up the strip so basically be staggered in the queue. I'm not sure how this works as when you get there do they allocate you into the Strip queue as you arrive or can you come in and out of the queue as you please??
Also we would also like to do a run side by side but also videoed.

Has anyone had experience of this before and how have you done it?

I'm half tempted to talk a camera monkey in coming down with us but would prefer not too.

Help Please

Thanks Rob

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
i would say queue up 30min before him so when hes racing you can video him then when you are racing, he will be in the queue so he will be able to video you.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
The queue is constantly moving so you cannot leave it to go video...other wise you will lose your place! It's the clio shootout so expect there to be loads of here doing vids anyway...

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Thanks for the advice peeps.

Will have to rely on club members taking some decent vids then....

Anyone want some cash to do some ones just for me if you are not running up the strip??

Cheers
Rob

Maz

LY 200
^^ it was £10 entry and £15 to run last year .. the runs are unlimited but if its busy be prepared to wait ... lol

Maz :)

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Shibber said:
Thanks for the advice peeps.

Will have to rely on club members taking some decent vids then....

Anyone want some cash to do some ones just for me if you are not running up the strip??

Cheers
Rob

Babe... if you dont want to give up your place in the queue, im quite happy to stay with your car whilst your friend is going up the strip.. i can move the car forward for you if the queue moves. Dont it alot in the past for people when they run off to the toilet! hehe

Saphire Cosworth
Maz said:
^^ it was £10 entry and £15 to run last year .. the runs are unlimited but if its busy be prepared to wait ... lol

Maz :)

It is a tenner to get in and this year i think that it has gone up to £20 for as many runs as you can be bothered to que up for.

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Bubbles said:
Babe... if you dont want to give up your place in the queue, im quite happy to stay with your car whilst your friend is going up the strip.. i can move the car forward for you if the queue moves. Dont it alot in the past for people when they run off to the toilet! hehe

Thanks Bubs, Will probably take you up on that offer. It will be easy to find you to ask the favour with a car that colour ;o)

Rob

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
No problem :)

i could put my Bubbles plates on too.. but im sure there wont be any liquids there on sunday. (The stripes arnt on anymore!)

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Oh dear well with the Stripes off there is no way I will be able to find your car, it will be like trying to find a Challenger 2 tank in a forest. :approve:

Rob