ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sanding paint

Clio 1.6
Guys

Im refurbing my wheels want to give it a go my self my wheels currently have black paint on them
Whats the best way to remove this Nitromorse ? maybe or sanding any help would be great to wheels that have already been painted the paint job is also crap TBH

Normally the standard wheels have a 2K top coat, possiblely under that power coat or your usual 2K / epoxy primers. If the black paint you have on the wheels is just a rattle can job and you really need to get it off (i.e its flaking or failing) then a lightish coating of nitromoors wont touch the 2K below. 2K is amazing, even your average DIY paint stripper doesnt touch it, so just your black paint will crinkle up and you can pressure wash it off.....be warned i cannot promise this will leave the paint underneath, just in my experience it does if its 2K.

However! best solution would be to have them dipped or lightly sand blasted and start again. If the paints stuck well, not failing and showing no signs of coming off, why not sand it and put your new stuff on top of it. Be warned if you sand blast them back to bare metal, your in for a HELL of alot of prep work to get them back to shining, and its near impossible with rattle cans to get a good build out the primers.