ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

samsung 3D tellys !

182 ff
was in costco yesterday and tried out these new tellys have to say there not bad at all

comes with 2 sets of glasses ???

was thinking dont bother inviting your mates round lol as only 2 of ya willl be able to watch lol .
dont think the cinema glasses will work either

am i right in thinking this is why the normal hd tellys are going cheap etc
are we set to go into 3d big time or will it not catch on ?

mark

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I cant see it catching on like HD or anything, watching glasses all the time would be a nightmare.

And what do people that already wear glasses do.

Its a novelty imo.

Is everything 3D or just certain progs though. Dont know much about it.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Is it not like HD, in that if it's not broadcast in 3D you won't be able to watch it in 3D. So you'll be watching heehaw just now. I wasn't impressed with 3D when I saw Avatar, so I won't be rushing out to buy a new set.

Clio 200 Raider
Is it not like HD, in that if it's not broadcast in 3D you won't be able to watch it in 3D. So you'll be watching heehaw just now. I wasn't impressed with 3D when I saw Avatar, so I won't be rushing out to buy a new set.

the new samsung has a 2d to 3d mode for any type of programme on screen to add a bit of depth cant say this will be great though.

went in local pc world to have a look at the 3d tv with the glasses on. the colours were great and there was quite a bit of depth onscreen with the blu ray shown, but as soon as there is movement on the screen its game over to be honest. was dissapointed in how everything just looked muddled up wasnt too impressed.

agree it will mostly be a curiousity thing its pretty much made my mind up after seeing the demo not interested at the mo.

its funny because when you talk to somone say ie your family who dont really care about stuff like this and you tell up about the 3d they just said "what you have to still wear glasses" just sums it up for me really.
make tv's that dont need glasses would make more sense doh!

keep 3d to the cinema i say!

Nippy white cup
I think the prob with trying them out is it takes a few mins for your eyes to adjust...when I saw avatar I wasn't impressed at first as it seemed a little blurry but once it settled down I thought it was pretty good

Chris

Octy VRS
I'm not overly fussed with the whole thing. For some gaming it will be great, I've been to some Sony 3D demos and it was impressive. However, I do think it is being way overhyped and can't really see watching Emmerdale in 3D a relishing prospect.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Not interested tbh, just like all my mates have said they aren't interested when we were talking about it yesterday and everyone at work isn't interested when it came up today (even the early adopter gadget freaks!)

I've seen 4 3D films in my life at imax/disney world and tbh thats enough, if i only see another 4 in the rest of my life i'll be more than satisfied.

They are ok but i dont want to sit at home wearing glasses watching betty bringing me hotpot tbh.

As for channels, sky have a 3D channel up now, but its just previews at the moment.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i went in harrods last year... there was a samsung tv that was 3d... and you didnt need to wear glasses.... you needed to be sat a distance away and be still but it was 3d and looked pretty impressive...

Sunflower Yellow Ph1 172
yeah this generation of 3D tellies wont catch on. They are developing ones now that will not require glasses so by the time the 3D sets out now become cheap enough for people to think about it they might as well wait for the same to happen to the ones you dont need glasses for.

Also there are alot of hidden costs, if you buy a 3D telly you will need a 3D blu ray player (though there is talk of an update for the PS3 to display 3D) then if you have a surround sound system with an amp you will have to replace the amp for a new one which is HDMI 1.4 compatable (most are 1.3 at the moment)

Thats all before you consider that there are 2 different types of 3D tellys with the glasses, active and passive. active requiring glasses that are £60 a pop so if you want to show off to your mates you would need a fair few pairs that are not going to be used normally. Then theres no general concensious as to how to transmit the images from your player to your telly, some are saying HDMI 1.4, others 2 HDMI 1.3 cables others that they can make it work over one HDMI 1.3 cable. Basically its all a mess at the moment and its worth hanging on till at least all the TV companies are on the same page kind of like when blu ray and HD DVD came out.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i heard the samsung versions are the worst on the market... the panasonic and sonys are apparently amazing, x8 3d films out by the end of the year, make of that what you will.