ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ's Golf VR6

53 Clio's & counting
I saw this on Ebay and fancied another VR6, so i made the guy a cheeky offer which was -not suprisingly - declined, I forgot about it. Anyhoo, I recieved a message from the chap last weekend offering me the car at said price as he had been messed about something rotten, so I am now the owner of this, ahem, little gem.

The basics are:

171,000 miles (yes really lol)

11 months MOT with 4 months tax

Full VW service history (!)

BBS style Lenso 16's with new tyres on the back (2 weeks ago i believe) and good on the front

Coilovers - unsure of make at the mo as I have not had chance to check

Remus exhaust

K&n filter.

Climate control

I was very lucky to pick this up for peanuts, bearing in mind in the past 3 years it has had over £4000 spent on various things such as new air con system, new ignition lock and switch, headlights - I have a folder packed full of receipts - it is very reasurring to find a car that seems to have been well looked after.

Plans? No idea yet, it does need a bit of tidying here and there so will get it up together first then decide which way to go - very tempted to strip it out and use it as a new track car and as luck would have it I also have a Dragon Green mk3 1.9 tdi estate which I can fit the interior to etc.

Things to do so far:

New stat (doesn't get very hot) and housing (Bound to leak if I re-use the old one!)

New top mounts

New axle bushes

Good wash and polish

New steering wheel

New header tank

Straighten the exhaust

Few other little odds and sods

Get rid of the sideskirts

take off all the old stickers

Oh and quad headlights! Need to find some for sale at a sensible price.

It drives brilliant, pulls like a train and sounds like God on a bad day.

I am assuming it's had engine work done as it seems to behave much better than it's mileage shows, that or it really has been looked after well. I have probably 5-6k in receipts so it's definately had the money spent when needed, kinda felt a bit guilty giving so little for it.

anyway, a few pictures

20140202_133625_zpswbjqysuq.jpg

20140202_164943_zpsdhhqghur.jpg

20140202_165010_zpsmx3he9oy.jpg

20140202_165019_zpsry8wtihu.jpg

20140202_133345_zpsy2egcjfa.jpg

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Love them and will have one one day .

What did you pay if you don't mine me asking ?

Alan

RB 182
Big fan of these!

My my step dad used to own and got rid of his storm grey (I think?) VR6 before I passed my test and could drive it :dapprove:

Very expensive to run arnt they? ive fancied one for a while, my friend used to have a couple of lovely examples.

53 Clio's & counting
Love them and will have one one day .

What did you pay if you don't mine me asking ?

Alan

£600 mate

They look and sound great but a bit sluggish for me. I love mk3s now though, proper retro.

You tend to get good and bad ones (like F4R's) some go well, others a bit pants. Agree, I think the mk3 is just past the chavvy phase and now a bit cooler to be seen in

I like it, apart from the wheels & M3 ? sideskirts.

Wheels will be going at some point (Worth selling rather than keeping) and the skirts too, once i pull my finger out :)

Very expensive to run arnt they? ive fancied one for a while, my friend used to have a couple of lovely examples.

Depends mate, even with the stat stuck open i'm managing somewhere around 28-30mpg on my drive to work, i have no doubts that will be low 30's with correct running temperature (as i could get that with my previous VR's) On the motorway around 70 it was showing 35mpg. Parts are super cheap, just a few engine related bits that are still expensive, water hoses for example, the previous owner had to replace one a few months ago, £90 for the hose. Rest of the car is cheap.

Er... that's not a Clio. Confuzzled?! :p

lol! you know me Andy, won't be long before i'm back in another - I have had 20 172/182's mind :S (Cheers again for the help the other night, sorry to have kept you on the phone for so long!)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
lol! you know me Andy, won't be long before i'm back in another - I have had 20 172/182's mind :S (Cheers again for the help the other night, sorry to have kept you on the phone for so long!)
Yep, another 1*2 is just around the corner I'm sure... And no problem regarding the other night; more than happy to help. Catch you soon!

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
eqaqyjeq.jpg

Here's my old vr6 . Love the sound of these .. If the Clio weren't so fun to drive I'd defo have another

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Love it. I am rocking a Mystic Blue one at the mo. They love to be thrashed... within reason

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I ran 2 highlines back in the day.

If it was mint i'd have another.Good luck with it russ,Heres my old one.

DSC00952.jpg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The highlines were only made in black and mulberry and had matching leather.Just a limited edition really,they didnt have any more power,but yes i suppose they are a little more exclusive if you like.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
I love the Mulberry from outside, yours even more ian. I wouldn't be able to live with that Mulberry leather though, is horrific imo!!

I had a black 'M' plate vr6 around 9 years ago now. Loved it...

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I love the Mulberry from outside, yours even more ian. I wouldn't be able to live with that Mulberry leather though, is horrific imo!!

I had a black 'M' plate vr6 around 9 years ago now. Loved it...

Yep the mulberry leather was a bit marmite,but i coped with it..lol