ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

TrackCar & F30 330d
it's like to drive without power steering?

It's obviously harder but feels much more direct and once your above 15mph the steering isn't too hard. I've only driven it a very short distance tho!

When is your first track day? Will be interesting to see how the splitter helps, have seen a few clios run them but mixed reviews on how they improve front end grip. I might knock one up come to think of it :D

Can't get it off my drive ATM, money is a little tight so first trackday may be early next year.

I'm remaking the splitter with marin ply wood. 8mm thick. I'll update this thread when I get a spare moment to work on my car :)

172 cup, Impreza P1
When is your first track day? Will be interesting to see how the splitter helps, have seen a few clios run them but mixed reviews on how they improve front end grip. I might knock one up come to think of it :D

Noticed today at knockhill for the btcc, porsche and ginetta cups that a few of the Porsche and ginetta cars use plywood splitters.

If it's ok for them it is for me too. Might get one made myself if it makes a difference.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thanks guys,

The car is basically going to be unused for another whole winter and will be used next summer now. I'll update this thread when I do something with it!

Clio Sport 182
0ea91a06.jpg

Stuning... Were did you get that fule rail from and what was the price...

TrackCar & F30 330d
It's not cheap, cost roughly £150 to change to that fuel rail.

Fuel rail was £50 and I bought it through OMEX technologies. Need brackets too which are £30 for 2.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah it's a jenvey one, it was cheaper buying it through OMEX than through jenvey iirc! By the tine I bought all the bits and bobs for the fuel rail it cost over £150!

TrackCar & F30 330d
The splitter is getting remade with 8mm marine ply. My friend made one on a vx220 time attack car and he said that it's strong enough with how it is.

So the new one won't be needing supports.

I started the car Sunday, first time In quite a while. Started first time and ran perfectly :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
I drove the car with the front wheels off the ground to get a bit of the rust off the front brake discs and I remembered how much I love how the car pops and bangs.

Just speccing up wheel studs ATM. Give me something to do on the car :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Smallest update ever!

Washed the car as it was going green in places.

a3f6483e.jpg

And I cut down my gearbox mount just too see If it looks better before I buy a new one or get one fabricated.

17a17e20.jpg

That's it for now :)

Clio 172
Looks absolutely Immence! One of the best projects iv read on here! i read this a couple of days ago but do you have your previous carbon fibre splitter for sale?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thanks mate, I have put a lot of effort into the car. Glad you like it. If you have 10k you can have it ;)

My carbon splitter will be for sale at some point soon.

TrackCar & F30 330d
liking the cut-down gearbox mount mate, no reason really why it should be an issue (hopefully)

Yeah I recon it should be fine, the mount I have is actually broken from my little ring bump so I need to buy a new one anyway

Wow, looks stunning! shame you can't get it on track this year :(

Where does the oil breather pipe go?

Yeah it's a shame I can't drive it this year.

The black pipe is just hanging and venting to the air but it will be going to a can, monster can or something. I just havnt finished it yet!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Great car mate,shame it hasn't seen the track time it deserves,just hope you don't get bored and brake/sell before it gets used properly.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Hope to see you on track next year,my car will have lost a few more pounds by then and have more power.Not going to your extremes on the weight saving,just getting rid of the really heavy stuff,seats air con ect.Still want to be able to drive to track in some comfort lol.You should be really proud of yourself this really is a epic little beast and so clean:)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
+1

A track setup/prepped car is shocking on the road!

My Mark fish prepped car is fine on road. I love driving it actually. My little sister has driven it to Ring twice for me and my mums driven it to loads of Track days for me.

Goes very well on track as well. Handling is awesome in my opinion.

Tonys driven it. You CAN have a nice road/track compromise in my opinion.

Trophy #490
I still have some plans for this winter and when the weather gets better then I'll I'll be doing 8 trackdays in 2012.

That's refreshing to hear. I've read so many projects on here where the owner gets the car how they want it, then they split the parts and sell! Crazy. Looks great, it's certainly come a long way since I spotted it in Huddersfield ages ago!

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Looks great that does!

Im skeptical of the hole in the bulk head where the loom passes through though. Needs some edge protection. Im sure you don't want no more wiring problems.