ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

ITB'd MK1
FLOL, I'm sorry but that's very very funny!!!!!

No, the radiator doesn't work like that, it's not a solid block, it had tubes running horizontally and cooling fins running vertically. you just fit bolts in the bits were there's a gap, and bend a few fins slightly

TrackCar & F30 330d
Haha, yes dan is right.

Can't work on anything until Sunday now :( so will have to start the loom then. Need to do the brakes soon too!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Little pic of the mirrors

e9101dff.jpg

Just read the thread after meeting you last night Chris. Jeeeeeesus you've done a lot of work, but to be fair seeing it in the flesh it really does show, has inspired me to spend some more monies on mine now.

Cheers for the part and great to meet you!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah Fred it is a little bit pikey but I had heard by two different people that their rad had fallen off because of using the fan fitting kits. But I'll see how I get on with it been like it is. Hope to get my new pipercross filter soon from 519 automotive as dan had got me a fantastic price, cheapest place for the filter i've found. :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Get paid on Friday so I can buy a snazzy CF backing dish for the filter, I'm looking forward to that as I love the stuff from Reverie!

TrackCar & F30 330d
UPDATE:

So today i got up nice and early to watch the GP and straight after it had finished i went outside to start work on the car. 9:00am start was quite nice and i started with pluming all the brake lines

Here's the bits i had bought so i could cut the pipe & flare the ends with the standard fixings i had taken from the old pipes

IMG_5104.jpg

I measured how long the first one needed to be and cut the pipe and bent it so it would fit.

IMG_5105.jpg

Placed the correct fixing on the pipe and started to flare it

IMG_5106.jpg

After flaring

IMG_5108.jpg

IMG_5109.jpg

And my very first bit of brake pipe

IMG_5112.jpg

So I then attached it to the car :)

IMG_5113.jpg

I then did the same for the front left brake

IMG_5114.jpg

Ran the pipe along the crease so it looks nice and neat

IMG_5115.jpg

Went on to have the first fail of the day

IMG_5116.jpg

DOH!

Chopped the end off and re did it

IMG_5117.jpg

Happy days

So all pipes coming from the master cylinder were done

IMG_5118.jpg

Now i did want to run them on the inside of the car but i really dont have time to be farting round with things like that so i ran them under the car

IMG_5121.jpg

As you can see they just droop down as i had got rid of the crappy little fixings that used to hold then old pipes in place

Bought these ages ago

IMG_5122.jpg

And now it looks like this

IMG_5123.jpg

Oh and a shot of the rear line. Still need to get fix it to the beam.

IMG_5135.jpg

I also fitted my Carbon Firbre Bonnet with the areocatches. And swapped the wheels as i was getting bored of looking at the ultras lol

IMG_5124.jpg

IMG_5125.jpg

IMG_5127.jpg

IMG_5131.jpg

IMG_5132.jpg

Took all the old glue marks off the boot where the plate used to be. I think i may end up hole sawing the numberplate section to help the air run through the car to help demis the windows and cool me down when driving.

IMG_5138.jpg

IMG_5140.jpg

So that it for today, Hope to get my Filter from 519 Automotive this week and buy my Backing plate from Reverie.

Just need to:
Change Engine oil
Change Gearbox Oil
Fill coolant up
Fit Airfilter
Make Engine loom which i keep putting off
Fit battery cut off switch
Fit standard loom + earthes
Wiper mech

Oh Sh*t theres still so much to do :(

More soooooon! :)

Lionel Richie
why did you replace the brake pipes?

EDIT- no ABS

cup setup i guess? you shouldve fitted an incar bias valve, WAY better

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Looks swish mate.

U not putting the heat shield or the rubber gator on the rack? gets hot down there!

TrackCar & F30 330d
why did you replace the brake pipes?

EDIT- no ABS

cup setup i guess? you shouldve fitted an incar bias valve, WAY better

I was going to use an incar bais valve but i just couldnt make my mind up with how to plum it all in so i've gone for the 172 cup set up yes.

I've used somthing like 30 feet of pipe because of having to repipe the hole system.

Looks swish mate.

U not putting the heat shield or the rubber gator on the rack? gets hot down there!

Yeah i'm going to get some Nimbus Heatshilding to protect the rack and brake pipes. Another thing to add to the list.