ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Havnt updated this in a while.

Started work on the car at 6:00am on sunday as i had just got back from driving my parents to the airport. I had lots to do so i moved one of the cars out of the garage and pushed the clio into it incase it started to rain like it did last sunday!

So my first job was to remove/lower the subframe so i could slide the wrapped mainifold in through the top of the engine bay. Did that and then re attached the subframe with all the little bits i had had powdercoated as well as the dogbone mount.

So the underneath of the car is finished :)

IMG_4989.jpg

Manifold back on

IMG_4993.jpg

If you can remember the coil pack was located on the top of then engine with i never really liked

IMG_4544.jpg

I did have the intentions of making one at Uni but never got the chance to, so i phone'd K-tec up and asked if i could buy the one they sell in the Kit. I bough it for a very cheap/fair price so i was quite happy.

So first i replaced the water jacket thing on the side of the engine with the sensors re sealed as the omex sensor used to leak which really pi**ed me off.

IMG_4983.jpg

Then attached the bracket

IMG_4985.jpg

Coilpack fitted fine so that was put on too.

Next was to fit the alternator, pretty simple job really.

IMG_4994.jpg

After that i then properly attached the ITB's and fitted the new rad. As you can see the radiator would fall back so i had to make some brakcets so it was nice and sturdy.

IMG_4999.jpg

So made some little bracket up and sprayed them black

IMG_5006.jpg

Also painted the cooant bottle, not really sure i like it painted but it looked a bit rubbish all faided yellow. Probably buy a new one

IMG_5000.jpg

I did loads of other little jobs but cant be ar**ed to explain them all.

So there we go spent 14.5 hours on the car on sunday and it now looks like this

DSC03094.jpg

DSC03088.jpg

I'm pleased with how its turing out, i do hope i'm not waisting my life on the car and it does end up starting, must have put 10,000 hours into this car over the 2 1/2 year owning it!

:)

TrackCar & F30 330d
The wiring was a mess as i was trying to go through it with a fine tooth comb. but it had gone to the point of no return aka fooooked!

My new loom with be the sh*t! :)

Cro

Meg'd r27
Taking your time is definitely paying off mate, thats ace :) Slicks + gussets+ rear view mirror = I mean business

182 track, Mk7 ST
This project keeps getting better and better :)

I would love to aim towards this for mine but don't know if i've got the balls to go as far and extreme as you have or got the money to do so lol!

Qashcow
I know where you got the idea of that shot from lol ;)

Looks great Chris, get it built so you can drive the bloody thing though ha

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thanks for all the nice comments. Might be working On the car Sunday so I'll have another update then. Might have a really early start like I did Sunday just gone!

BMW Z4
Loving this project Chrispy. Gives me inspiration. I know what you mean by 10000 hours LOL and not documenting everything. I removed my door glass and forgot to take pics of the process.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Loving this project Chrispy. Gives me inspiration. I know what you mean by 10000 hours LOL and not documenting everything. I removed my door glass and forgot to take pics of the process.

Sometimes i spend more time taking pics than actually doing the stuff to the car so that's why I sometimes can't be at**ed

TrackCar & F30 330d
The rad is from a VW polo. I can find you the link when I get home. Only cost £40 posted to my door. It's a little longer but loads shorter so it spot on but needs some little brackets making but pretty simple

182cup & 172 racecar
cant see the brackets being that hard to make :p standard pipework still fit alright?

Ours actually came with two little brackets that fitted nicely at the top,only have to extend the bottom left hand side easy.The bottom hose connection is not a perfect fit as it comes straight out the back,not angled upwards like the clio one,but it does go on and we have raced all year with it like that and had no problems at all.Cheap as chips.
2856.jpg

2861.jpg

182cup & 172 racecar
I knew you were going ask me,no I don't remember,not sure if Jay can either,there is paperwork somewhere but I don't know where.

TrackCar & F30 330d
My shorter radiator is from www.adrad.co.uk

The rad is part number SE310 and its a VOLKSWAGEN POLO MK4 1.4 RADIATOR. which cost £40.07 posted to my door, could be slightly more due to the VAT increase!

TrackCar & F30 330d
UPDATE:

Had Friday off work and decided to do a little bit of work on the car as the weather was nice :)

So first job was to find a place to mount my 13 row Mocal Oil cooler. after trying to place it in lots of areas of the slam pannle i decided to place it here...

IMG_5011.jpg

Still gets air flow so should cool sufficently and i think there will still be enough air to cool the rad.

Test fitted the bumper to see if it would still fit

IMG_5013.jpg

So removed the pipes and marked it out where to drill

IMG_5015.jpg

IMG_5016.jpg

Bit of drilling later and using some bolts that came with it and it was nice and secure

IMG_5017.jpg

Refitted the pipes

IMG_5018.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

Happy with that :)

Next job was to put the aux belt on, pretty simple job really.

IMG_5026.jpg

Does it matter which was round the writing goes?

IMG_5027.jpg

Just need to tighten it to the correct tightness :)

After getting a new windscreen i needed a new T*AT strip as i actually need one when its sunny.

So no sunstrip

IMG_5028.jpg

IMG_5029.jpg

POW

IMG_5033.jpg

I've got quite a big one this time ;)

IMG_5034.jpg

So thats it for another day

IMG_5040.jpg