ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS200 on 5th Gear...oh dear

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If they did the ST in LY you'd stop and stare at it too.

The fact is, it has gone tits up. They took a massive massive gamble. People forget the 200 was an incarnation of the 197. The 200T is new.

They gambled and it's not looking good at the moment. I've said it before, most buyers have never heard of a car forum but the fact is, it's unfinished. It needs that hot hatchness added. Recaros, brembos etc. it might sound silly but it true.

You just know they are sitting right now hoping their "special edition" will sell. No doubt they won't do it well enough and they'll still have the gearbox issue.

The Auto box could have worked, i'm convinced it could have but they needed a good enough drivers car with proper equipment and options and a really really good box... not f**king fake engine noises!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
people can get hold of STs?

Just touching on that.

Taking orders for a 20k car without seeing one in the flesh or getting to drive one? Renault fucked up, they fucked up big!

I was awe struck when those stories came out.

182FF
rs200-1986-1.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
anyway i can watch this, or any of the new fith gear online? Legally.

S4 Avant
Everything since the 197 has been piss poor.

Renault as a company failed a long time ago. Does anyone realise just how much money they lose per year? Massively subsidised by the French government.