ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS192 with out silencer

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Thought some may be interested in this, running a straight through pipe from manifold to backbox, sounds very similar to the yozza. I was thinking about getting the pops and bangs map, with this exhaust i don't have too! I have the natural type! :rasp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6oRNZUkGf4[youtube]w6oRNZUkGf4[/youtube]

So decat and centre silencer out? Sounds pretty good!

I'm looking at the cat mod for my RS192, so keep the cat but lose the silencer but haven't found many vids...

BlackGold 182
sounds good!

mines booked in to have its silencer taken out, so will also be a straight pipe from manifold to backbox :D

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Cheers for the vid, sounds very nice as it is, standard rs192 will do be nicely though, will have to treat myself after xmas.

I didn't really notice a difference between the standard system and the RS192 with a cat, neither in performance or sound. With the decat, i noticed much better pull mid range (especially after a remap) and the sound was lovely. With no cat or center silencer the car sounds crazy. When the exhaust is hot, and you lift off...well the only thing i can compare it too is an old group b rally car. It is rather loud though, so not for the faint heart.

good point will.

does it drone mike? i really like the sound of that but dont want the irritation mega dronely ness.

75-80 it drones quite bad. Most of the time though (when im not hooning) i sit at 60 which its pretty quiet, no real droning just burbling.

Feels like i've lost a bit of high range power, but gained more low down, is that normal?

I'll be at the mini CS meet at goodwood on sunday if anybody wants to come for a ride :)

Black Gold Trophy
I've got a vid, but the radio is on throughout the entire vid so you can't hear the exhaust too well, I'll do some more and post them up

I love the last video, just had my RS192 fitted, it isn't much louder than OEM but after a few town drives i've decided it is near enough perfect for me albeit a bit quiet.

Is the straight through pipe (no silencer?) available to buy? or is it custom made? I'm not really looking to decat at the moment.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Noise with the decat is doubled than with the cat, sounds a lot more raspy though. The pipe from the manifold to the backbox is all custom made! :)

That last vid sounds f**king savage Mike! My GF would literally kill me if I turned up outside her house with a straight pipe from manifold to backbox lol!! Makes an awesome noise though.

Clio 172 Phase 1
Fook me! That vid got me told off at work didnt realise how loud it was haha! Sounds epic the mic seems to be struggling on the cam though!

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Its not for the faint hearted, so be aware of this before you do it! :D