ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rs tuning map

clio 172 cup
Hi why is rs tuning so good for remaps? How is it better than a group n remap? Does it extend the rev range up to7800 rmp like the group n?

you get all the same as the group n remap and a bit more .....as said above .
my 172 cup was remapped by paul to 7800 rpm , it will have more specific alterations .

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Paul from RStuning can produce a map to suit exactly what mods you have on the car. A custom map like this is deff. the best way to go as every car is different and not one map can do all cars, specially if you want the best from your car.

http://www.rstuning.co.uk/

his aftersale support is good too ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Dunno like! It's still a generic map!! Mine was done in under 20mins! So i can't see that it's FULLY mapped for the car? Not to say it wasn't an improvement!! More "Was it worth the money!" lol

I reckon he will have a base map to suit general modifications that he can then tweak very quickly.

VaVa
Dunno like! It's still a generic map!! Mine was done in under 20mins! So i can't see that it's FULLY mapped for the car? Not to say it wasn't an improvement!! More "Was it worth the money!" lol

Exactament.

And on a standardish car, the gains will be so insignificant you may as well get an RS Tuner TBQFH.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

Is that right Ali?

FYI the maps we do are done on the dyno specific to the car. When we mapped your car we didnt have the dyno and had to make do with the road for testing.

172 5HED
Oops indeed lol!!

Paul is a ldge at mapping and mine certianly wasn't a quick job and without the map there is no way I would have the power I have now!!

I also have extra revs

rs tuning it is then! Thats answered my question nicely. Thanks

when i spoke to nick at hillpower about a group N ecu , he informed me its good for basic breathing and exhausts mods . When i spoke to paul about further additional mods a remap would be best , now that he's got his rollers working you should find it more accomodating to your car specifics

Porsche Boxster987S
or weeks ;)

anyone thats seen how mine goes knows why I go too see leedsboy

:star:

good stuff then aye?? im going for the custom map. would you see any bhp gains from the maos or will it just change how the car feels? ie smoother , better torque etc?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Fair play Paul! As said i had no issues with my map! And i'd happily give you thre business over that RStuner! I'm not a pro, you are. Hence my confidence in your work.

Would i map another 172...lol. No! Then again i mapped the Vee and got Nothin, zilch, bugger all, Sweet FA!

Would it be worth it on a mk2 ph2 172 with a K-Tec stealth exhaust and matched inlets?

yes totally but ill let paul explain

paulb - it will feel better all round, bhp and torque levels will raise killing the low down flat spot, also giving more power top end, on a mapped 182 im not 100% if u feel less of a kick as it comes on cam (as there is more power overall) or more. im used to mapped meganes u see, but i have driven most the RS range mapped and none mapped and there is defo a difference :)

on fuel level too which always helps

Porsche Boxster987S

paulb - it will feel better all round, bhp and torque levels will raise killing the low down flat spot, also giving more power top end, on a mapped 182 im not 100% if u feel less of a kick as it comes on cam (as there is more power overall) or more. im used to mapped meganes u see, but i have driven most the RS range mapped and none mapped and there is defo a difference :)

better for fuel do you mean??

Porsche Boxster987S
yeh mate, obviously not when ur nailing it but pottling around you should see increase in mpg

thats a nice surprise! so would it be a custom map for my car coz of the itg filter or would that just be a standard map?

not to mention the other benefits you will get such as the before and after readouts on the rolling road, and a run through by Paul of what he's done to the map along with test drive afterwards

what did i notice after my first map? more low down torque, less of a kick at 5k, mpg average rose by 2/3

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak

Paul? / PMurray?