ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner purchasing help

Focus ST-3
Yeah you're right, they were free (included in the purchase price).
They still are included in the purchase price. If you take a screen shot of the main RS tuner page or send henk all the info about software version, hardware version etc then he sends you the right map (you have to buy new from him though)

Bus w**ker
Are they? From the purchase page I looked at the other day it was an additional charge for a "performance" map. Anyway my point wasn't that, it was that all the maps were available for free download through the site.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I think the basic fact is that the site is a b**ch to woerk out. You shouldnt have to ask for assistance when buying stuff. Then, to make it worse, the price has gone through the roof!!

Lost all interest in this product now

Golf 7R
The website is so hard to try and figure out what you need, or what you're actually buying!? It's probably me being a spactard, but all I want to know is, if I purchase a second hand Rs-tuner and I'd like a stage 1 map on my Megane, what would I need!?

It's probably not rocket science, but it made my head hurt.

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
The website is so hard to try and figure out what you need, or what you're actually buying!? It's probably me being a spactard, but all I want to know is, if I purchase a second hand Rs-tuner and I'd like a stage 1 map on my Megane, what would I need!?

It's probably not rocket science, but it made my head hurt.

If your buying new, just the rs tuner and the map, if your buying used, the rs tuner, unlock code and the map. Gouldy showed the difference in price between new and used :)

megane 285 sport
oem upgrade maps are 5 euros they have alway been 5 euros you used get one free with the price of the unit, performance maps are charged 49 euros and always has.

Last edited:
  Golf 7R
If your buying new, just the rs tuner and the map, if your buying used, the rs tuner, unlock code and the map. Gouldy showed the difference in price between new and used :)

Thanks. So the way I see it is, if I have the box, I only need the unlock code and the map ( 98 euros ) so for £85ish + the cost of the tuning box?

See I wouldn't mind paying that!

Ph2 Flamer
Same if purchased second hand. I bought one off here and emailed Henk for advice on whether i needed to update the oem map before putting a stage 1 map on. He confirmed that when buying the unlock licence he will send the .rst oem map for free and also confirmed that as a paid up CS member you get 30 eruos off the stage 1 .cal map.

So if you assume you can sell your 2nd hand tuner for what your paid for it then all you pay is 55 euros for the unlock licence and 19 for the performance map. Which means for under seventy quid you can make your car more fun to drive. Still wins out over going to have a custom map done for me. I guess if you've gone and made major changes to your car though decat, matched inlets etc then perhaps a trip to rs tuning is worth the extra.

Ph 1 172
Quick question why is it some people are only using the .cal file and others the .rst. I know it's off toic but I'm going to do mine soon and will be using the a300 53FF launch control .rst file I don't then have to use the .cal a300 53FF .cal file as well do i

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
You have to use the .rst file to get the launch to work, its the complete flash. the .cal file is just the part with the fuel and ign. maps and so on..
So no need for the cal after the rst.