ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner purchasing help

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
RST.gif

I dont understand this, do I NEED the extra things?

Golf 7R
This is what had me confused. I wanted to purchase one from Henk for my R26, but there's a VIN 95 euro increase!?

It says that the stage 1 comes with the purchase, so I'm strugging to see what this charge is, seeing as like you said, it cant be unchecked?

This seems to confuse a lot of people. I don't know for sure, but I'd say the VIN field has something to do with locking the rstuner device to the car's VIN (for licensing purposes). Doesn't make much sense to charge extra for it though, so maybe it's got something to do with maps?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Same.

I am wanting to order one today but I am unsure of all the extras. I just the very basic RS Tuner so I can map the car and then that's it.

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Same.

I am wanting to order one today but I am unsure of all the extras. I just the very basic RS Tuner so I can map the car and then that's it.

Just select none Ryan, all you need is the rs tuner and the lead that's included with it, the first box is the map that you want included :)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
You can't unselect the VIN option though, so its 180euro for the tuner, then 49euro for the vin thing

CBR1000RR Fireblade
FFS.

The basic RS Tuner kit to map my 182 comes in at £237.79 including delivery and fees. what the actual f**k.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
So, the maps are actually 50euros, not the 5 euros they used to be??

CBR1000RR Fireblade
im actually gutted, i really wanted one of these seen as my engine is staying near standard. still waiting for a reply from henk

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
these used to be good because of how much cheaper it was to map your car it made it worth while not going elsewhere but now your just as well getting it done by a mapper

CBR1000RR Fireblade
a live map is pretty pointless on a near standard engine though, apart from the raised limiter. live maps are better but IMO on a near standard car the RS Tuner still wins. purely because its still £100 cheaper than a live map.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
a live map is pretty pointless on a near standard engine though, apart from the raised limiter. live maps are better but IMO on a near standard car the RS Tuner still wins. purely because its still £100 cheaper than a live map.

then dont get a live map just get a performance map by someone else, were getting them for cliodci.net owners for £200 per car!

Ph 1 172
Sorry to be an idiot but is this now what you have to do
Buy rs tuner 2nd hand (for instance)
Buy licence to unlock it (€55)
then buy a rst and cal file for it (€50) or does that come with the licence

f**king best not be or I'll be selling 2nd hand rs tuner I just bought and getting a Map at jms tuning

CBR1000RR Fireblade
After further discussion with henk maps for CS member are 19 euros and not 49. Email him first to confirm this.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
For the price I have got mine new I wouldn't bother with the second hand RS tuners. I just paid £215 including delivery and map for my 182.

The second hand RS tuners are about £110 ish? Plus the map and the unlock license, which would work out at about £180 ish. (£ not euros)

For me i don't think that they are very reasonably priced.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
For the price I have got mine new I wouldn't bother with the second hand RS tuners. I just paid £215 including delivery and map for my 182.

The second hand RS tuners are about £110 ish? Plus the map and the unlock license, which would work out at about £180 ish. (£ not euros)

For me i don't think that they are very reasonably priced.

I suppose then though you can sell them on for £110 meaning a map cost £75

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Yea pretty much. It's still a bargain IMO. Especially if you are like me and you just want the car to rev higher to 7800 safely.