ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Monaco Clio surprise (Renault Clio R.S.16)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
677B55F2-B06B-41D6-B7B8-EB5AE1AAFE78_zpsdxptte1g.gif

Id be all over that with a manual box​

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
There we go!

Larger albeit stuck on arches.

New wheels

Mad spoiler

What look like recaros and lower suspension

f**k off the s**t black badge and renaultsport flag things in the front blade and jobs a good un.

That's what the 200t trophy should've been.

....I do hate how manufacturers are starting to badman up cars themselves now. Stop putting black things on the cars!

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Seems like they've produced two cars

One with black spoiler which appears to have no brembos and possibly the standard seats from the 220T Trophy

And this yellow spoilered car which does have brembos (mk3 Megane style) and some sort of Recaros possibly from the Megane Trophy-R.
Also appears to have aero catches on the bonnet so maybe they have produced a one off car with Megane running gear etc.

6_zpsex1jpyeu.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Seems like they've produced two cars

One with black spoiler which appears to have no brembos and possibly the standard seats from the 220T Trophy

And this yellow spoilered car which does have brembos (mk3 Megane style) and some sort of Recaros possibly from the Megane Trophy-R.
Also appears to have aero catches on the bonnet so maybe they have produced a one off car with Megane running gear etc.

6_zpsex1jpyeu.jpg

That does have turinis and the one I posted looked to have interlagos

And those seats do look like pole positions.

Like everyone said, the Megane 225 evolved to the R26.R, the 172 to the 182 Trophy and so on and so forth, so it bodes well for this IMO.

I'am genuinely excited by this, just praying they can pull it off, looks ace! really does.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't feel like a Renault project for me. It's like someone has built it.

I like it though, it could be a proper limited edition racer. LY is always immense.

Reactions: riz

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It would make sense, to put it in line with the current/next gen 300'ish BHP Hot Hatches. Exciting times.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Considering the 'current' 300bhp hatches, I wonder if Renault will add a bit more since its releasing the Meg after the golf r and civic type r have been out a while.

Is 350 too much? For it to be nibbling at the frs/a45?