ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Clio 172 from Mexico (Pic Heavy)

Renaultsport Clio 172
Hello there from the left corner of the world. I want to share photos of my car, a 2002 172 and the spec I am running. I must thank this site as some ideas have come from here, but overall I think I have a thing of my own. I have enough material to do a project thread but I think I am too lazy for it. instead, here are some photos of my car at its best. At this point it is flawless, has 137,000+ kms and does not miss a bit ever.

Here is my SPEC

Engine:

ED cams
182 mani
182 cat
matched inlets (DIY)
V6 box with piper race element
Clio 172 spec remus back box with 2.25" piping from the cat to the box

Suspension

OEM shocks
front trophy springs
kw v2 rear springs
14.5mm spacers all round
Pe2's
15" turinis

Exterior/Interior...

I will let the photos do their talking

I hope you like. Comments welcome.

Here the photos come...

SDC10716.jpg

SDC10717.jpg

SDC10718.jpg

SDC10719.jpg

SDC10720.jpg

SDC10721.jpg

SDC10722.jpg

SDC10723.jpg

SDC10725.jpg

SDC10726.jpg

SDC10727.jpg

SDC10728.jpg

SDC10729.jpg

SDC10730.jpg

SDC10731.jpg

SDC10732.jpg

SDC10733.jpg

SDC10734.jpg

SDC10735.jpg

SDC10736.jpg

SDC10737.jpg

SDC10738.jpg

SDC10739.jpg

SDC10740.jpg

SDC10741.jpg

SDC10742.jpg

SDC10743.jpg

And my wifes 2004 320i with M pack

SDC10688.jpg

Last edited:

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
like the gear nob the stickers on the washer blanks the seats and the car, just the exhaust the stickers and wing mirrors look let it down.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Many clio sports over ther? Not bad, dont like the mirrors though.seats are amazing, did it come with the
Or did you buy them?

120d M-Sport
Looks amazing apart from the mirror covers as said.

Very nice car. I predict they are pretty rare in Mexico tbh.

Clio RS 172 ph1
Hola compañero!... bienvenido, yo soy de Argentina, tengo un ph1 172.... tengo amigos por México tamb... un saludo.
De paso te hago una pregunta... esas butacas recaro, se consiguen alli en México pidiéndolas a Renault... me podías pasar el número de pieza si es que puedes, sin compromiso. Gracias

2014 Clio 200t edc
How did you change the rev counter dial?
Overall a very nice looking car, just not keen on the wing mirrors or exhaust. Love the seats tho!!!!

Renaultsport Clio 172
Many clio sports over ther? Not bad, dont like the mirrors though.seats are amazing, did it come with the
Or did you buy them?

Not very many. 182's are rarer, 172 are more common. The seats are Trophy items I managed to get. In Mexico we had a special Trophy edition as well (it was just an RB 182 Cup named Trophy with Recaros), and my seats came from one of those 50 cars.

I do like the mirror covers alot :( May think of removing them sometime.

Renaultsport Clio 172
How did you change the rev counter dial?
Overall a very nice looking car, just not keen on the wing mirrors or exhaust. Love the seats tho!!!!

Thanks! what I like about the exhaust is the sound, but I take it is not that pretty as none have liked :p

The dial came with a complete set of silver dials, I just cut off the rev counter and paste it. Sometimes this dial kits are more like sticker with tranparent pieces for lighting the numbers and glue in the back, I still have the rest of it.

Some really nice parts on your car, especially the ph1 gearknob, I was thinking of doing the same on mine! Is it lowered on coilovers or just lower springs?

Renaultsport Clio 172
Some really nice parts on your car, especially the ph1 gearknob, I was thinking of doing the same on mine! Is it lowered on coilovers or just lower springs?

Just srpings, although the rears are springs with levers from a KW v2 set, but shocks are OEM.

Renaultsport Clio 172
Hola compañero!... bienvenido, yo soy de Argentina, tengo un ph1 172.... tengo amigos por México tamb... un saludo.
De paso te hago una pregunta... esas butacas recaro, se consiguen alli en México pidiéndolas a Renault... me podías pasar el número de pieza si es que puedes, sin compromiso. Gracias

Hola Julian, en realidad las butacas era un un Trophy, segun tengo entendido en Renault Mexico se consiguen pero son muy caros :(. Tuve suerte de conseguir estos.

Clio 1.6 2003
felicidades Mau, de los mejores clios que conozco y esos asientos son el sueño de muchos, cuando quieras tengo un poco de plastilina para descontaminar la pintura en la parte donde traias tus calcas.
Saludos!

RB One Eight Two
If you didn't have an exhaust which was so big and the tacky sticker on the rear it would be one clean/fresh looking 172.