ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RR road result!

Had my car on the rollers today, I was reasonably happy with the result but the power curve wasn't smooth, just as it hit the powerband (5krpm) I got a dip in power then it came back and carried on rising. Looks like there's a dead spot there or something?

I'll post up the graphs at somepoint.

seems like a good result m8y, you done anything to the engine or is it standard?

Engine wise it's just got a panel filter and a cat back exhaust (k-tec SS stealth) and I suspect it may have been mapped by the previous owner due to the raised rev limiter.

Yeah wasn't a bad result, I was just happy it wasn't down on power. lol

I know the photos are crap, I've had to take them with my phone for now but they give you an idea on how un-smooth the curve is.

Attachments

• DSC00077.JPG
    DSC00077.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00078.JPG
    DSC00078.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 71
So the Cup was 172 at the flywheel as standard? If so then great result matey.

Just an ITG panel filter and a k-tec exhaust mate, although I can't see those mods making much difference to the RR result. Might stick my decat back on for the next RR I have just to see if that makes much difference.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I always laugh at the comments people make regarding power figures on here.

If it runs over 172bhp the rollers are broke.

If it runs under 172bhp your cars broke.

There are apparently no prizes for anything other than 172 at the fly and 152 at the wheels

I always laugh at the comments people make regarding power figures on here.

If it runs over 172bhp the rollers are broke.

If it runs under 172bhp your cars broke.

There are apparently no prizes for anything other than 172 at the fly and 152 at the wheels

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess. I tend not to worry what others say or think really.

Da

Less
Mr RR result was 191.2 @ Trax. Somewhat optimistic I know, but to be honest, I don't care - the graph looks good! :approve:

Da

Less
Well a chap I spoke to priop to putting mine on said his 172 had struggled to the mid 160's on the rollers, so who knows - maybe it is accurate :)

Tav

Clio 197
Maybe his 172 was a nailer?!

My car made 179bhp on 20k miles, standard car = standard power. Likewise all the other cars made their claimed figures...some Integra's were down as expected...some VR6's were up as expected. Pretty accurate rolling road by all accounts. On road it appears to not want for power and keeps up with DC2 Intregra's/VXR Corsa's and was hanging on to a V6 Clio till a certain speed.

I don't buy this guff about Clio's never making book figures, it's just spun by people who have been to a rubbish RR or have a rubbish engine.

Focus RS mk1
wheel figures are representing an engine running cams and a map, if your not running cams i would say its a bit optimistic, if it drives well and your happy with it tho who cares

wheel figures are representing an engine running cams and a map, if your not running cams i would say its a bit optimistic, if it drives well and your happy with it tho who cares

To be honest with you it wouldn't surprise me if it's had uprated cams because I've found quite a few mods the previous owner had done and not told me. It's definitely quicker than my other Cup but I've not had much opportunity to compare it to other RS clios. One occasion I got left behind by a 182, in my defense I did mess up a gear change though lol and on the other I left another 182 behind quite convincingly.

Yeah I'm happy with the way it drives, well when it's not broken anyway lol

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I will chip in here.

I don't think it matters what power you get so long as the car runs well, everyone is happy.

It was terrible on Williamsclio for this. Your Williams was also "slow" and down on power for standard no matter what. But over there standard is cams and headwork and a remap.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Mine made 177 on a RR that read 498 when they put on a current shape M5 about half an hour later, so it wasn't overestimating.

Thats pretty much standard and before the remap its had.
Cup's seem to be strong mules.

good figures jon! your graph dips down when it comes on cam y0 lol...
On cam y0, cos it's French innit! lol

I will chip in here.

I don't think it matters what power you get so long as the car runs well, everyone is happy.

It was terrible on Williamsclio for this. Your Williams was also "slow" and down on power for standard no matter what. But over there standard is cams and headwork and a remap.

Yeah I agree, it's not the be all and end all to have good RR results, main reason I did it was just to see if it was down on power and to put my mind at ease. Although I wouldn't mind having that graph curve smoothed out a bit.

Polo + Micra
yeah thats for the polo (red is after stage 2 remap and the black is before and the blue is just a std polo run)

i looked at it when he gave it to me and thought it was a printout off a heart monitor

Last edited:
  Megane 230 R26
My car made 179bhp on 20k miles, standard car = standard power. Likewise all the other cars made their claimed figures...some Integra's were down as expected...some VR6's were up as expected. Pretty accurate rolling road by all accounts. On road it appears to not want for power and keeps up with DC2 Intregra's/VXR Corsa's and was hanging on to a V6 Clio till a certain speed.

There's not a lot in it until silly speeds between a lot of those cars, there's a little t**t near me who drives his Corsa VXR like a moron and crashed his last car nearly killing two people but still hasn't changed his driving, and he always sails past people at 100+ thinking he's "won", which is presumably what he goes and tells his mates :p

From past experience with a couple of mates who have/had V6's it's so close until 100+... but I'd still love one if only for the noise and look etc :)