ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rolling shots

Clio 182
Guys, advice on taking rolling shots! What techniques do you use (if you do them) as I am going to the ring next year and want to get some practice in before I go.

Any help would be great!

Thank you,

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Well I’d put the camera in shutter priority (or manual depending on wether you’re accustom with manual settings), and select a shutter speed that is fast enough to keep things sharp, yet slow enough to blur the wheels and the background, so maybe 1/100th or 1/160th.

SQ5
Bang the camera on auto, make sure all at a similar speed. I took the following whilst driving.

u4ajynu4.jpg

su7erene.jpg

e4ubybu8.jpg

No idea who took this.

yve7azaq.jpg

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Ive used landscape preset whilst hanging out a window
Longer shutter speed adds nice blur, just keep the focus on the car and they come out pretty good.
Depends how capable you are and how much time you have to take and 'craft' nice shots.

I'd imagine shutter priority would be easiest. Take a test shot and then just bring down the shutter speed until you're happy with the results/amount of blur.